• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla signature 1932

I have a some churchills left from the OR of the new blend. They smoke decent now with several years of age on them.
Never even came close to the Pepin Manufactured masterpiece.
For 90 bucks, you might try, but if you are concerned, get a box of something you know you like for the money.

I have a some churchills left from the OR of the new blend. They smoke decent now with several years of age on them.
Never even came close to the Pepin Manufactured masterpiece.
For 90 bucks, you might try, but if you are concerned, get a box of something you know you like for the money.

Concerned is not the word just wondering if the $350 MSRP is realistic with a $90 sale price or if we are getting into Gurkha type marketing with Padilla's. Are these something typically discounted to this extent. I actually got em for $80 with my 10% discount. Thats a fairly cheap box of smokes. Unless they are really only a $3 cigar now.

Edit, looked around some more shopwiseguys.com has the torpedos at $110 a box. So I guess $80 aint bad but not the deal I thought I was getting.

I have smoked a bunch of the newer ones with very little rest and they have been great. One of my current favorites. Prices seem to go up and down so I just wait till they go on sale. CI seems to have a deal on ten packs every now and then.

I only have the Pepin version and they are an outstanding cigar. One of his best!

Was wondering this myself. I only have a handful left of the Pepin version from 2008. A great smoke. So the consensus is the new doesn't hold a candle to the old???

Was wondering this myself. I only have a handful left of the Pepin version from 2008. A great smoke. So the consensus is the new doesn't hold a candle to the old???

I've never smoked the old, but the new is fantastic.

I have smoked a bunch of the newer ones with very little rest and they have been great. One of my current favorites. Prices seem to go up and down so I just wait till they go on sale. CI seems to have a deal on ten packs every now and then.

did a quick search 10 for $35 at CI at times but not the torpedo and of course no box to look at LOL. I like seeing the designing that goes with diff boxes from diff manufacturers. So looks like $80 a box is not bad, If it tastes good to you then it works for me. I have not had the older version to compare, and at $3.20 per stick seems like a no brainer. thanks for the replys

Let me know what you think. My palate is still pretty green but they have a distinctness about them that I enjoy. It's a slight sweetness in the middle third that I think some have referred to as raisin(y) or date(y). Not really sure what it is but the only other stick I know of that I get the same sort of taste from is the Anejo shark. I am not in anyway saying that the Padilla is as good as, or can be compared to the Shark but maybe in some small way echos the Anejo. Probably doesn't make any sense, as I said my palate is pretty green but I wanted to share what I could out of my very limited experience. I can say confidently that you will not be disappointed with the fit, finish, construction...In that regards the Padilla is top notch.

Let me know what you think. My palate is still pretty green but they have a distinctness about them that I enjoy. It's a slight sweetness in the middle third that I think some have referred to as raisin(y) or date(y). Not really sure what it is but the only other stick I know of that I get the same sort of taste from is the Anejo shark. I am not in anyway saying that the Padilla is as good as, or can be compared to the Shark but maybe in some small way echos the Anejo. Probably doesn't make any sense, as I said my palate is pretty green but I wanted to share what I could out of my very limited experience. I can say confidently that you will not be disappointed with the fit, finish, construction...In that regards the Padilla is top notch.

I will have them in about 10 days, they are on hold for me til pay day.......that's how bad I am on the stogies LOL. I will let you know what I think. I am not qualified yet to give a in depth review as I am green as well. I do know if I like something though and some basic tastes. Course I will have to wait a couple weeks til after they get here to try one as they typically taste like crap off the truck so why smoke something that wont give a accurate taste.

I have smoked a lot of these (old and new). The originals were better IMHO (I blew threw several boxes over the last couple of years and only have a couple of sticks left). That said the newer sticks are good and at that price I don't think you will be disappointed. Was it blending or age with 2008's? DUNNO, as they already had 2 years on them when I purchased them. (I should have bought 4 boxes)

;)

OK, yes, for 90.00 I would say it is commensurate with what you get.

OK, yes, for 90.00 I would say it is commensurate with what you get.

Last sunday, the day before this order was to go out I decided I would pass on it. Then mid week CI had the 68's for 40 a box. Being the sucker that I am I picked up 2 and they are on the way so too late to change my mind. Cheap enough not to think too hard on it. And hopefully better than the $40 not commensurate with it!!!! LOL

Padilla just released a "New", new '32. Only 20 to a box. Gotta wonder if they were made just for the "CI" market.

I haven't smoked a 68 in along time. What I smoked was certainly worth 40, at the time.

I used to like the Padilla 32 sticks, smoked them when I didn't want to touch my Miami 9/11 line.

The 68's I bought didn't really wow me, but that doesn't mean you won't like them. Too mild in comparison with the other Padilla labels being offered.

The old Pepin blend 32's used to be my absolute favorite cigar, they are almost impossible to find now. The newer blend is just ok, IMHO.

The old Pepin blend 32's used to be my absolute favorite cigar, they are almost impossible to find now. The newer blend is just ok, IMHO.

Indeed Niko. My heart is broken, and I shall never forgive Pepin for deciding to get rich rather than make the best cigars in the world.

My local Padilla 'ho' says even the new new blend is good.

I have 1/2 box of the post OR blend, and they're good+ for the
CBid price.

Still have a few OR '32s. Special occassion smoke, now.

Chemyst :cool: