• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón Millennium pass?

moki

el Presidente
As some of you may be aware already, I've picked up a humidor of 100 Padrón Millennium Maduro cigars:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=5391

I am thinking of organizing a Padrón Millennium hand-off pass. I've never done a pass before (either initiating it or participating in one), so I'm hoping to get some advice from you FOG's here.

My idea is to sign up a 20 people I'm familiar with (nothing personal, just rather do it with people I've had interactions with), ship off a box with 40 cigars in it, and see what comes back. That's 2 of the 5 trays of the Padrón Millennium's, and I'd be fine with just having 3 trays left for me.

Obviously, the exchange should be primo smokes (primo ISOMs or primo domestics), and people shouldn't take more than two of the PM's each. I'm thinking of calling it a "hand-off pass" because really, I think everyone would be *taking* the Padrón Millenniums and putting two other primo sticks back.

So guys... what's your advice on this? I figure doing it this way, I can share the smokes, without having to pay a fortune in postage (not to mention the time it'll take to wrap all of the packages and ship them off).

How do you think I should handle it? Any and all input welcome.

That is an incredibly generous idea. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything that would be the equal of the Milis though. I'm thinking maybe if I put in half a dozen of my best that might be equitable ???

lucasbuck said:
That is an incredibly generous idea. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything that would be the equal of the Milis though. I'm thinking maybe if I put in half a dozen of my best that might be equitable ???
nah, I think I'd only want a 1 for 1 replacement of them. Quality, not quantity. :)

Any advice on the specifics of running such a cigar pass?

You've got the right idea Andrew. I would just be sure to be very clear on what you are looking for in puts. Also I'm thinking smaller passes maybe 6-8 players might be a better idea considering how precious the cargo. Any specific questions you were wondering about?

I agree with lucasbuck. Maybe have 2 identical passes hitting 6-8 people each. But it all just depends on how many sign up. Best to protect the cargo. :)

lucasbuck said:
You've got the right idea Andrew. I would just be sure to be very clear on what you are looking for in puts. Also I'm thinking smaller passes maybe 6-8 players might be a better idea considering how precious the cargo. Any specific questions you were wondering about?
well, if I only do 6-8 people, I'll have 14 other people asking me to trade <insert odd thing here> for 'em, no? :)

Perhaps it could be 2 boxes of 20, going out to 10 people for each box?

As for what I want to know... well, everything and anything. how to ship it. the best way to pick those who get in on it (and not offend those who don't). Do I insure it? Put a list of names/addresses inside the box, and let them fill in what they put? Everything really.

Count me in, if you decide to do it. The only question is how to handle the P/T's? Maybe two premium to super premium cigars that add up to the milleniums $25 tag. Per one taken. For example: 2 Opus X Fuente Fuente ($12.65) for 1 Millenium, or a Gurka 1949 Pre-Embargo cigar ($26) for 1 Millenium. Just my .02.

cigah_smoka said:
Count me in, if you decide to do it. The only question is how to handle the P/T's? Maybe two premium to super premium cigars that add up to the milleniums $25 tag. Per one taken. For example: 2 Opus X Fuente Fuente ($12.65) for 1 Millenium. Just my .02.
It doesn't necessarily have to be equitable; I'd just ask that each participant did their best. Karma comes back around, maybe I'll need a particular smoke down the road. No worries.

Count me in!
Something to consider though, if we put more than the 1 to 1 ratio of puts to takes, this pass will get too heavy and the postage will be more expensive. Plus you will have to get a bigger box for all of the cigars going back to Andrew. Just my 2 cents.

:)

It doesn't necessarily have to be equitable; I'd just ask that each participant did their best. Karma comes back around, maybe I'll need a particular smoke down the road. No worries.

Andrew, it's only fair to do so because of the rareness of the cigar. That way, you still get your money back.

As far as who you let in that is completely up to you my friend. Don't worry about offending people. Everyone will understand :) As far as how to ship it you need to get a tuperdor set up to keep the sticks in good condition in transit. Then you need to include some kind of pass booklet with names and addresses of all the passees and a place for puts (takes will be obvious :p ). That's pretty much all there is to it. You may want to peruse some of the completed passes to get an idea of how it all works.

What is the MSRP on these bad boys?? 25 bucks??

I think I have a few sticks lying around that are @ that MSRP.

I'll play if you'll have me.

I would however like to explain to many folks, though I sure it's not needed, that 25 bucks per smoke is quite a bit and I can't think of many domestics that fit in that catagory.

I am sure a few fit in there, but I can only think of one off the top of my head which would be the Opus X forbiden X (The one that came with the box DVD set OR of course ANY that came out of the humidor). Cigah_smoka mentioned one above Gurka 1949 Pre-Embargo cigar so there is two..........

Maybe folks could list smokes they think are acceptible, otherwise DC ISOM, and EL ISOM, ect. is all I see going in this pass.

Oh, I most definately would like to be in!!

Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming!

Moki....A box of milleniums...how?.......where?.....who?...NICE JOB! :D

Option's for the Pass:

Option A: Make a list of what YOU want and have people sign up for supplying off of your list

Option B: Accept PM bids for your 2 PMM's from members and based on the bids accept those into the Pass

Option C: Make a simple list with the input of FOG's as to what are accepted sticks for the pass

Option D: Any other idea but mine!! :D

Phil said:
I would however like to explain to many folks, though I sure it's not needed, that 25 bucks per smoke is quite a bit and I can't think of many domestics that fit in that catagory.

I am sure a few fit in there, but I can only think of one off the top of my head which would be the Opus X forbiden X (The one that came with the box DVD set OR of course ANY that came out of the humidor). Cigah_smoka mentioned one above Gurka 1949 Pre-Embargo cigar so there is two..........

Maybe folks could list smokes they think are acceptible, otherwise DC ISOM, and EL ISOM, ect. is all I see going in this pass.
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I think what I'm gonna do is just pick 20 people, put together 2 boxes of 20, and send them (carefully packed of course!) out separately. I'll put in each box a list of the people who it is getting mailed to, and folks can cross off their name on the list as they get it. If anyone I pick wishes to bow out, I'll just invite someone to take their place. If you don't get picked, no hard feelings.

I realize that in strict monetary terms, finding smokes of equal value may not be easy, but that's okay. There are $10 smokes that are better than $20 ones, so it's not a big deal. I plan to smoke 'em, not try to cash them in at the local bank. ;) If you're in on the pass, do the best you can.

We'll create a pass topic, and when people receive the box, they can post that they got it -- and again when they sent it out to the next person. They can then PM me what smokes they put in the box, just so I can keep track of it all (no need to post your replacements in public).

I'd also really love it if people would post their opinion of the PMM's after they've smoked one, too, but that's optional.

The last person then sends the box back to me, and hopefully we've all had fun and gained from it! :)

I'm in when all the details are ironed out.

Gee, I'm shocked and surprised that RicMac25 would want to have anything to do with these Padrons :D

I'd be interested in getting in on this as well since Ric has led me down the PAM 1926 path and there's no turning back ;)

Hey Moki...

Sounds like a good one...Consider me for your list....I'm up for it if you haven't filled it up... :thumbs:

K