• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 40th Anniv...In Maduro?

pittesq

Ok, so i went to the local tobacco shop today. Good-size shop, smoking area, generally helpful staff of 2. Noticed that the painted padron 40th humidor was back out (meaning they were back in stock). Took a peek inside and asked if they had maduros in since, what I was looking at appeared to be naturals. She said that the 40th anniv wrapper only comes in natural and it's the '64's that come in maduro. ??? That isn't right is it? I don't own any 40th maduros.., yet, but could have sworn I heard people on this board talk abut them. I did a quick search and a site made mention that in 2004 there was supposed to be a split between naturals and maduors that went out and that this was supposed to be repeated in '05. But I didn't get any info on if that changed for 2005. But like I said she made it seem as if they just aren't made in maduro. Thoughts?

They were made in both Natural and Maduro.

Check out MMMs padron post for more info.

Yes, available in both natural and maduro wrappers.

"The initial release of the cigars comes beautifully presented, in 400 hand painted, hand-carved boxes of 40. About half those boxes (or 8,000 cigars) were shipped in 2004, split evenly between natural and maduro wrappers, and the rest will ship this year." - Article from Padron's website

Time to correct the helpful girl....How much were they charging? just curious

The person at the store is smoking the crack pipe. They come in both maduro and natural, just like the rest of the 1926 line.

I have a cple maduros sitting in the humi.. never got aound to smoking them..

Yep, they come in both. It was the natural that was rated the best in CA a few issues ago.

I love it, one day I went into a cigar shop and asked for the natural 40th and the guy said there is no such thing. I kindedly (sp?) corrected him and said yes there is. Again, he said no and I corrected him. He got so pissed off. Then I busted open the CA magazine that it was in and he had the nerve to say that CA was wrong.

What a pud whacker! :sign:

ree

Why are so many people in the cigar business clueless when it comes to their product? Very poor salesmanship. Oh well. I don't know sh*t about Lats so I guess it comes down to taste.

ree ree robusto said:
I love it, one day I went into a cigar shop and asked for the natural 40th and the guy said there is no such thing. I kindedly (sp?) corrected him and said yes there is. Again, he said no and I corrected him. He got so pissed off. Then I busted open the CA magazine that it was in and he had the nerve to say that CA was wrong.
[snapback]208345[/snapback]​

Show him this:

29.jpg

He'll probably say that they are light-colored Maduros ... hehe

That picture was soooooo unfair. Awesome.., but still unfair. I don't have maddies yet :(

This is one of the few that i dont really care if its maddie or nat they both rock.