• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 80th Anniversary

Excellent review with great pics.

I have to agree with Alan. The PAM Exclusivo is still one of my favorite Padron's.

The 80th, as with the 40th, is another variation of the 1926 blend and while they are good cigars, IMO, their price point do not make them better than the PAM blend by any means.

Brian

QFT.

I'll take 3 PAM Exclusivos over a one Padron 80th any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The 80th is good, no doubt, but not good enough to justify a $30 price.

EDIT: Typo - "not doubt" ---> "no doubt"

I'll take 3 PAM Exclusivos over a one Padron 80th any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The 80th is good, not doubt, but not good enough to justify a $30 price.

First off, Great Pictures in this review!
Secondly, I agree with Mr. Jingles. It's hard to justify spending $30 on any cigar in my book. It's just too damn much money to blow up in smoke. I do have a couple of these cigars and am waiting for that special time to smoke it.

Thanks to BBS who gifted me an 80th natural at the QSH :thumbs: .

I smoked this wonderful cigar a couple of weeks ago. Great review, Kingantz!

I still prefer the maduro, but the naturals offer a more subtle flavor profile that is very attractive.

Worth the money? Yep, I think so for the occasional smoke.

Thanks for the review. I have one in my humi, but I cannot bring myself to smoke it.

Great review. I have one of these that came with a holt's sampler, saving it for a special occasion!

Excellent review with great pics.

I have to agree with Alan. The PAM Exclusivo is still one of my favorite Padron's.

The 80th, as with the 40th, is another variation of the 1926 blend and while they are good cigars, IMO, their price point do not make them better than the PAM blend by any means.

Brian

QFT.

I'll take 3 PAM Exclusivos over a one Padron 80th any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The 80th is good, no doubt, but not good enough to justify a $30 price.

EDIT: Typo - "not doubt" ---> "no doubt"

Are you kidding me Jim?! :0 :laugh: . Okay, so those 80th's aren't an everyday cigar but I'm definately keeping a few in the humidor for a special occasion smoke.

:cool:

I've had one of these sitting in my humidor since Christmas waiting for my anniversary next month. This review has me even more excited about finally putting a flame to it. Very well done sir!

As for the debate as to whether these are worth the money or not, I have to agree with BlindedbyScience's analogy to an expensive bottle of scotch. Sometimes you just want to celebrate with something a bit extravagant. I plan to enjoy mine with glass of Macallan 25.

I've smoked one and found it to be very very good. In time MAYBE as good as the Milleniums were. I said maybe because it will be very hard to match or top absolute perfection. I have a full box and I just love looking at them. It's like eight chocolate bars laying there. They look so nice.

I will also agree on the Exclusivo. It is my second favorite of the 64 line.

My top 5 Padrons for anyone who may care. I have excluded the 80th because you can't really judge after smoking just one.

1) Millenium Maduro
2) PAM Torpedo
3) PAN Exclusivo
4) Londres natural with age
5) 40th Anni Maduro Torpedo

Hmm....an interesting and often repeated discussion. What makes a bottle of scotch or wine worth $150.00...?? Is it really four times better than a $40.00 bottle..?? In some cases, in some settings, the answer is "absolutely". I guess I feel that way about the 80th.

I've smoked and shared a few of these, in both regular and maduro. No, this is not the smoke to have when you are washing the car, or with coffee in the AM (unless you have balls of iron... :laugh:). But, with a friend, after a fine meal, in the right setting, perhaps with a bit of single malt or a fine port, the 80th has yet to disappoint.

BBS said it perfectly. The 80th is like that expensive scotch or wine. It doesn't have a great "bang for your buck" but it is incredible. I've had some $10 cigars that were incredible, no the 80th isn't 3x's better but it is much better. Sometimes, when the situation is right it's worth putting out the extra money for something like the 80th.

What is it about those Exclusivo's? I split a box of PAM Ex's last year with Mr Peat the day of the 07 Outlaw Padron event. We got a box that was amazing, the wrappers were almost black.

I've yet to smoke an 80th or a Millennium. I think I've smoked just about every other one they offer, at least one of every size, if not wrapper. I had a 40th Natural yesterday, and it wasn't as good as I remember my last one being. Still yummy mind you, but not all "there". I think taste really does change with time.

Great review. I'm going to do one of the Familia Reserva #44 when I have time to really sit down and smoke it.

Had my first at the Outlaw event this weekend and loved it. I think it definitely stands out from the others, but like others said, not necessarily 3x's as good. I just like it in it's own way.

I asked the question, was/ is the 80th worth the price tag (when they first came out) and got hammered for it! Oh well

Ok, who is it?

Pop-up box stating Security with "mycigarscigars.com" really belongs to "phoenixcigars.com" or something like that.

I lit up one last Wednesday and it kicked my A. very nice cigar but had a nicotine rush an hour after smoking it.

Outstanding Review! :thumbs: Thanks for making me want to spend a really excessive amount of money on an amazing stick ... but then, that's nothing new. LOL :blush:

I have smoked the 40th and really enjoyed them. A truly wonderful smoke indeed. Now, when I get the chance I will certainly torch an 80th too!

I'll have to get one into the humi soon!

edited for my pathetic spelling