• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 #9

modo22

Received cigars from gahau during a recent PIF pass. So the blind review starts: (sorry for the crap pics, my camera is not worth the time right now)

First off, the cigar is very oily. Has a good aroma. First few puffs during lighting is smooth; not harsh in any way. First third of cigar had smooth draw with a nice tobacco taste and a hint of leathery notes. This box pressed maduro robusto size cigar is smoking slow and smooth. As I approach the half way, it has no harsh build up. With the half way point reached, getting a little peppery spice added to the tobacco mix. Still very smooth and enjoyable. Finishing the final 2/3rds the taste on the pallet began to lengthen. A very warm woodsy and great aroma is finishing off this great PIF blind review...soon I shall open to reveile what I will be buying more of. At this point I can only compare it to a Padron, much like a 40th anny, but no where near as strong. I may be way off though.

So I was close...1926 #9. Thanks gahau! great cigar, I can see why it is your favorite!

IMG00423.jpg

IMG00424.jpg

IMG00425.jpg

mario.jpg

Nicely done! :D Great review, I love blind reviews. Hopefully some day my palate will be able to remember specific taste profiles enough to determine origin, brand, ect.

Where is the rest of that cigar? Damn man, take it easy on the cut. You don't have to circumsize the thing, just a 1/8 peel off of the cap will suffice. :0

:laugh:

Where is the rest of that cigar? Damn man, take it easy on the cut. You don't have to circumsize the thing, just a 1/8 peel off of the cap will suffice. :0

:laugh:
At first I though maybe it was a torpedo and the passer did not want to let him know :D

Brian

The #9 is a great cigar. One of my favorites. Thanks for the review.

I was thinking the same thing! I was surprised it didn't unravel on him! That could mean the difference in 7 or 8 more draws! :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing! I was surprised it didn't unravel on him! That could mean the difference in 7 or 8 more draws! :laugh:

lol,

after looking at the pics I can see what you mean. It was not that big! The picture added an inch. You can actually see the cap in the trey. I do not hack them, but have not perfected the punch cut like Greg...I love the consistency of his cigar cuts.

That is cool that you were able to pick out that signature Padron taste. I hope to have the tastebuds of a super taster one day. :blush:

That is cool that you were able to pick out that signature Padron taste. I hope to have the tastebuds of a super taster one day. :blush:

Thanks, but BY NO means do I have that yet either! lol...I was lucky. :thumbs:

No 9 is definitely up there in my favorites. Its hard to tell from the picture, but did you smoke a maduro or natural? I can't believe that the natural scored a 97 whereas the highest the maduro scored was a 92. I love the maduro, and sware by it

It was the Maduro!! I can not believe the natural scored higher, but have not gotten the chance to try it yet either. I still would like to pick up each some day.

It was the Maduro!! I can not believe the natural scored higher, but have not gotten the chance to try it yet either. I still would like to pick up each some day.

i've never tried the natural in the no9, but have in the no 2. I personally like the maduro better. great review by the way