• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Natural : No. 2

alkaline

Reaction score
Size: 5 1/2 x 52
Shape: Belicoso
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
MSRP: $16.00

I have a small sampler pack of these from last year and decided to pull out the No. 2. Because of the packaging it had the most intense pre-light cedar aroma I've ever smelled. Nice solid feel although the wrapper appeared a bit crinkled at the head.

1/3 : Initial impressions of cedar and light cocoa. Extremely good draw with tons of smoke. The smoke was also a bit more dry than I expected after smoking a No. 9 and No. 35. Problem free burn.

2/3 : Still drawing extremely well. Now a faintly sweet smoke with a unique flavor profile. Leather...toasted nuts...and chocolate flavors are all present. Finishing this third with flavors of coffee.

3/3 : Heavy coffee and leather leads to a very powerful finish...as you can see in the pictures the ash just would not let go at the end. Very smooth throughout...finishing with a pleasant touch of pepper.

This is truly a fantastic smoke. Although a consistent flavor throughout I found that the undertones were constantly changing. This one is a winner.

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

Wow, the construction looks really good. I say that because of how the ash looked. Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot. I'm more a 1964 guy but I do love a good 26. Those 40 years are great. I haven't had the chance to try the 80 year though. Have you?

Wow, the construction looks really good. I say that because of how the ash looked. Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot. I'm more a 1964 guy but I do love a good 26. Those 40 years are great. I haven't had the chance to try the 80 year though. Have you?

I think I would agree with you...I sorta like the 64s more. I haven't had the chance to try the 40th or 80th...they are both on a very long list! The ash was crazy...I wasn't babying it or anything...hell I even tapped it softly a couple of times...would not drop.

Someone told me that the 26's age very well, they smooth and mellow out more, whereas the 64's get a little more powerful with aging.

Any comments..... I've been looking at both of these for my "special occasion" smokes.

I think I would agree with you...I sorta like the 64s more. I haven't had the chance to try the 40th or 80th...they are both on a very long list! The ash was crazy...I wasn't babying it or anything...hell I even tapped it softly a couple of times...would not drop.

That's cool. None of my Padron anniversary blends have ever seem to have a particularly solid ash. Somewhat flaky like a Don Pepin Blue label but not quite as bad. Pepins its like blowing on a dandilion and the little bits of fuzz go all over the place, lol.

The 40th has seemed to be a little more popular than the 80 year so thats the one I opted to try. It was very good and consistent. The flavors didn't seem to change a whole lot in it if I recall correctly but it was still great. I need to try a second one to get a better idea of them in general. But yeah, pretty great.

My thought upon seeing your first pic was, "that's the ugliest 26 I've ever seen." :laugh:

Your review was spot on in the taste department, though. The 26 is one of the best-tasting cigars available, IMO, and Padron construction is second to none.

The #2 maduro was my choice for baby-cigars when the stork paid us a visit. Easily in my top 3 favorite cigars.

That is one funky looking #2. Nice review, glad you liked it.

Take better care of your cigars! :laugh:

Good review, though. The #2 is probably my favorite regular production '26---it's just a perfect size, with all the wonderful goodness of the bigger vitolas in a less-than-three-freaking-hours package. Yummy stuff.

~Boar