• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926

Q_The_Cop

Beware Clown!
All day we were working on a neighborhood that had been burdened by a burgler for about a month now. So we finally caught him today after 12 B&E's, and a couple of search warrants later had most of the stolen property back. (laptops, PS3's, etc.) I decided to make a nice dinner, (Linguine and Vodka sauce) and follow it up with a good cigar. My cigar tonight in a Padron 1926. Here we go!!

I poured a Sam Adams Winter Lager and grabbed a 1926 out of my humi. This is the first one I have ever smoked so be kind as I don't have anything to compare it to. I have to say this thing was a flawless, absolutely beautiful cigar. The serial number is 976336 on the band. I clipped the head and tasted sweet tobacco with an ever so slightly sour flavor. The draw offered a little resistance,which was perfect.

gallery_8234_842_317403.jpg

Time to fire this puppy up!! I noticed a strong cedar flavor (which I love), with dark chocolate and black coffee. Classic Padron (to me). I would say it was on the lighter side of medium in body.

gallery_8234_842_526525.jpg

Going into the first third the ash was as white as I had ever seen on a cigar, and very solid to the touch. The tooth on the ash was obscene, it looked like it had goosebumps! The burn was perfect as well, almost razor sharp.

gallery_8234_842_172215.jpg

In the second third the body picked up a little but I would say it was still in the medium range. Cedar and chocolate were still the stars, while the coffee went into the background. The burn line was still razor sharp. So far a most wonderful smoke. This one's a little blurry as I was trying to capture the toothy ash.

gallery_8234_842_362445.jpg

In the final third the cedar flavor was king, the chocolate flavor was all but gone. I detected an almost raw coffee bean flavor coming out. Almost like opening a bag of French Roast beans and taking a big "whiff". Towards the nub the cedar backed off and the chocolate came back in which I was glad because I was really enjoying it. As always the burn never faltered.

gallery_8234_842_103295.jpg

I have to say this was the most amazing smoke I have I have had to date. I'm glad I saved this one for a special occasion. But now I'm sad as that was the only one I had. :(

Enjoy!

The #2 Maduro is 1 of my favorite smokes!Great review! :thumbs:

Great review! I love the 1926. Usually prefer maduro but have a few natural #6's that I love as a change of pace.

I have one of these sitting in my humidor waiting for a nice day so I can smoke.
Nice review.

Nice review. I love the 1926 series. The best cigars I have ever had. My favorites are the #2 and 80th in maduro.

I've been putting off buying these because of the price, but after reading this review, I think I'm gonna have to make room in my budget!

Thanks for sharing.

Nice review brother!! And I'm glad you caught the burgling piece of shit! :thumbs: Good day all around! ;)

I've been putting off buying these because of the price, but after reading this review, I think I'm gonna have to make room in my budget!

Thanks for sharing.

They are a bit pricey, but IMO, they are one of the few cigars worth the extra cost.

Nice review! :thumbs:

Excellent review. I too am a huge 26 fan with my favorite being a #9 Maduro, haven't had a 80th in well over a year and to be honest I was to inexperienced at smoking and it made me ill. I think the next time I'm able to light up I'll enjoy a Padron.

Congrats on the catch. That is a great smoke I loved the few I have had and that just made me want to go out and get a few more.

Hey nice review. Nothing sweeter than a Sammi winter and a great 26 Maddie. I love that pair.

Art