• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964 question

Cigar Penguin

Back around new years I was visiting my brother in law in San Diego.While at the seaport village I stopped in the rediculosly over priced cigar store there....most likely for tourists and purchased an overpriced Anneversary 1964.It had the under band where the serial number goes but it had no serial number on it.I didn't realise it at the time but isn't there supposed to be a serial number on all there sticks?
Could this have been a fake?

I believe,if I can remember correctly,it was the Diplomatico.

I doubt that place sells fakes purposely because he quite a bit of high end sticks.The opus X was way over priced at $37!! ???

I smoke a variety of Padron's both 1964 and 1926. I have not seen one without a serial number. The band is not easy to take off so it is unlikely that it came off on its own!!!

IIRC the early releases did not have a serial #. This was added later to help foil fake makers. I am not sure if there was an underband though.

The bands before they put the serial # on them actually said Aniversario in which I still call them that to this day.

DSCN02190001.jpg

"Aniversario" ahhhhh, that brings back memories.

If it's got the separate serial number underband, it'd better have a serial number on it. You can even contact Padron to find out where that particular stick was earmarked for if you have the number.

Wilkey

Thats why I posted the 3 different bands so he can see how they changed. The Aniversario predates around 1999 but i have no idea how long they was in the B&M at the time. Since the sticks was costly for what consumers would spend in that area, they tended to stay in the humidor for a long time. If my memory serves me they was between $12 to 15 at the time after taxes which is the same prices generally I've seen in shops today.

Thanks guys,the band on the end right was what mine looked liked,only the part with the number was a seperate band and slightly underneath the main band.Same design same colors but no serial number.