• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964

bthompson2875

My wife just bought my a Padron ashtray as an early birthday present, so I decided to fire up a 1964 Anniversary Series to celebrate! This was my first 1964, I love the X000 series. I enjoyed the cigar until my fat little fingers couldn't hold on to the nubbin' any more! But if someone was to ask me to describe the taste of the stick, I would say it tasted like smooth tequila. For the record, I HATE tequila, but I loved my 1964. As I smoke each cigar, I'm trying to "learn" how to distinguish the various flavor notes and I was consciously trying to identify my 1964 taste experience. With each draw, I kept associating the flavor with very smooth tequila. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm not sure why I enjoyed the cigar so much if it actually tasted like tequila, but that's what my armature palate tasted. Strange? I did a search on tequila, but haven't found many/any posts that associate the unique taste of tequila with a good smoke.

Cigars are almost as subjective as a consumer commodity can get. But to me personally, no I have never noticed any taste of tequila. I think if I was going to equate the taste of this, or alot of other cigars to liquor, it would probably be an aged bourbon or some other liquor with hints of oak, caramel and the like. But that's my opinion...I'm not any more right than you or anyone else.

Jason

I've not tasted it either...but I haven't walked a mile with your tastebuds either.

Chocolate......YES!
Tequilla...no

When I take the time to smoke a 64 / 26, it's not tequila I taste but more coffee, nuts, chocolate, maybe some bourbon, maybe some oak, etc. Darker, earthier tastes to be sure. And, they have a very complex flavor profile; one that changes and evolves as it goes; they're one of my faves.

But - the pre light aroma - different story. The 64's I have, have a very unique aroma that I suppose one could call "tequila" like. Tequila never occurred to me but it's very unique and I've been trying to put my finger on what it smells like. Smells like.....a Padron 64...!!.... :p

Damn....may have to go spark one up right now...!!.. :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Hi,

Can't say I've ever equated my experiences with any of the Padron products to tequila. But then that's not a beverage with which I've had much experience. The one time I tried tequila, it reminded me of bath water :p

By the way, here's a link that you might find illuminating in regard to tasting and the identification of flavors in cigars. Click me.

Keep at it though. The more you smoke and the more you pay attention, the more you'll be able to tie flavors to memories of other things you've eaten, drank or smelled.

Wilkey

When I smoke a Padron 1964 Maduro the predominant flavors are chocolate and coffee, which I happen to love about this line of cigars. I have never tasted tequila and I never drink tequila with cigars.