• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 2000

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
After work today a box from 2006 caught my eye. Wow, what a marvelous smoke! I continually am amazed by Padrons, particularly with a little bit of time. I don't know of a better cigar dollar for dollar.

You hit the nail on the head. I try to keep some 2K's in the singles drawer, and a box of natty's and maduros in the cabinet aging. With even a year or two on them, it's the best smoke for the buck I've ever found. Not much down time required and you get very 64-esque flavors out of these under rated gems.... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Love'em, gotta box of '04's I've been pulling from for quite some time.

I haven't had the opportunity to smoke one with significant amount of age (several months at the most) but, regardless, the 2000 Maduro is one of my favorites.

Totally agree. As soon as I crack a box I try to order another as soon as possible so that by the time I get to them they have at least 6 months on them. I prefer all of my Padrons in maduro with a "change of pace"" natty every now an then.

Love the 2000 maddies. Love the entire x000 line too. I'm down to just a couple left in the box! Always a good go-to smoke and great bang for the buck. I don't know how Padron puts out such good smokes for such small prices. Then again I guess they make up for it with their $25 high-enders ;)

Absolutely love these smokes. My first ever box purchase and I'm already half way through. Padrons put out awesome quality stuff.

You hit the nail on the head. I try to keep some 2K's in the singles drawer, and a box of natty's and maduros in the cabinet aging. With even a year or two on them, it's the best smoke for the buck I've ever found. Not much down time required and you get very 64-esque flavors out of these under rated gems.... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

You nailed it on the head B.B.S. I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm a huge fan of the 2000maddies, anyone else like a bigger size or is the taste drastically different from that of the 2000?

-Aaron

Padron smokes are great, I have never had one I did not enjoy. 5000 is my favorite

I'm a huge fan of the 2000maddies, anyone else like a bigger size or is the taste drastically different from that of the 2000?

-Aaron

Aaron, I'm a huge fan of the smaller ring guage Padrons. I like the Palmas and the Londres, both in natural and maduro. They age well, just like the 2000's do :love: . I've also had a few Executives with almost 2 years on them, both maddies and natties. I think the nats were much, much, much better IMHO. Give them a try

A Padron 3000 maduro was one of the first hand made cigars that I absolutely loved. I have a box that I bought last December that has maybe half left. Ive been pretty good about staying away from this box for a while, as I wanted to see how good they were with some rest myself. And they havent disappointed me yet. Ive been meaning to get around to trying the rest of the x000 sizes and picking up at least another box of 3000 maduros and 2000 naturals. As I had received a 2000 natural from BBS in a 5'er sampler a few months back that was awesome.

I can't tell the difference between an aged Padron series stick and a 1964....in short if you age the normal stuff you'll have amazing smokes in a few years.

I've have not had one of these yet, but on the suggestions of several people, I plan to grab a couple of 2000's tomorrow and let them sit for a couple of months. I'm really looking forward to trying one out.

Aaron

I've have not had one of these yet, but on the suggestions of several people, I plan to grab a couple of 2000's tomorrow and let them sit for a couple of months. I'm really looking forward to trying one out.

Aaron

Good.

Smoke 'em now!!!! You don't need to let them rest before you have them, especially if you are a newbie to cigars. Enjoy! :thumbs:

Welcome to CP Aaron. Stick around, read, read, read, and then read some more. CP is top notch because is has top notch people.

Aaron

Good.

Smoke 'em now!!!! You don't need to let them rest before you have them, especially if you are a newbie to cigars. Enjoy! :thumbs:

Welcome to CP Aaron. Stick around, read, read, read, and then read some more. CP is top notch because is has top notch people.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have one tomorrow evening then! It was going to be hard to wait LOL

I've been reading a ton, and learning more than I ever thought I cared to learn about cigars! This is a great forum.

Aaron

Aaron

Good.

So, I burned my first 2000 Maduro tonight with a chocolate martini, and I have to say it was incredible. The flavors of the chocolate martini really complemented the cigar well. I will be adding more of these to my stash pronto!

Aaron

PS I don't usually drink chocolate martinis, but the wife was having one so I said 'sure give me one' :whistling:

PS I don't usually drink chocolate martinis, but the wife was having one so I said 'sure give me one' :whistling:

Suuuuuure. Nice save. Bet you got mini fridge of wine coolers.

:sign:

I'm one of the few contrarians when it comes to Padron X000 cigars. They just hit my pallete wrong for some reason. I'm always reminded of root beer, which I detest (blech).

The Padron 26s and 64s are phenomenal, though. :love: I don't equate them with the x000 series at all. Funny how different cigars will strike smokers in different ways!