• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 3000 Maduro

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
So... it's been a while since I smoked a cigar. About 7 months. I finally got my humidor and some sticks sent out from home. They came in a couple weeks ago. I've been letting them rest for a bit. I love my mother to death, but I regret leaving my cigars in her control while I am away from home. :( I called her the other week to see how things were and through the conversation I asked about my cigars. I asked "What is the RH in the humi?" Her reply was "About 42...Is that good? I haven't really been paying attention to them" :angry: I just let out a big sigh and tried to explain to her again how easy the beads were to maintain. So this was the main reason I was waiting to smoke them once a few got here. Done with my little rant, on to the review. Sorry no pics, I need to buy a camera.

I smoked this on Sunday while I just lounged around and ironed my uniform. Might smoke another when I shine my boots tomorrow. :D

As always, a beautiful dark chocolaty wrapper. This is the first time I tried Wilkey's method for cutting the cap. I really liked it and will probably be my preferred method from now on. After the cap was off, I tested the draw and it was perfect, just the right amount of resistance and had a nice pre-light flavor to it. Lighting it up was really easy. I think it might still be a little dry from my mother's abuse. :laugh: The stick started off with the usual chocolate taste I am used to and finished off with a little spice. Never had to touch it up and burned razor sharp all the way down. Smoked it to about an inch left. Remained cool the last draw. Since it has been so long since I had smoked, I forgot how much nicotine these things had lol. I quickly found myself spinning in my dorm room, even with the window and door open. :blush:

I absolutely love this stick and the other thousand counterparts. For any new smokers out there that haven't tried one of these, I highly recommend them.

Well nothing artsy or fancy but that's the review. :whistling: I actually think that is the first review I have done, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Nathan

I find that I smoke more Padron X000 maddies than I do any other single line of cigars. They are a damn tasty stick, and when you factor in the price they are pretty much impossible to beat in value, IMHO.

Also, great job on your first review!

And finally, I'm glad you rescued your poor sticks from such horrible treatment. :rolleyes: You need to smoke some more and write up some additional reviews!

Great review, Nathan.

You know, despite all the "high zoot" smokes I have in the coolers around here, I still get a lot of pleasure smoking the X000 series Padrons. Last night, I had a 2000 maduro and while sitting out on the deck as the night set in, I recall thinking ".....ya know, these are consistently great smokes...." I keep a couple of boxes of the 2K maddys and nattys in the cooler. When I finish one, I start the next box and order another. That way, they have 6-8 months on them by the time I get to them and they are always great smokes, at a very reasonable price.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Fine first review, Nathan. The Padron maddie xK series is a budget classic and for good reason. My fave is the 2K, like B.B.S. but when I feel like splurging, I go for the 6K torpedo.

Wilkey

Great review Nate. I must say that I agree wholeheartedly with you assesment. Can't go wrong with a Padron maddie. I'm also in agreement with you praise for Wilkey's cutting technique. Perfect cut every time.

I absolutely love the 2K and 3K maddies. Had a rough experience with a 6K recently, but I'm sure I'll try one again soon enough. I've been using the "score and lift" cut method as well, but more out of necessity than Wilkey's suggestion: I left my Palio in Florida on a recent vacation, so until I get it back I'm forcing myself to cut all my cigars with my razor-sharp pocket knife. I thought it would be a punishment for my stupidity, but it's actually turning out pretty well!

I absolutely love the 2K and 3K maddies. Had a rough experience with a 6K recently, ....snip

WOW, glad it wasn't just me!! I got a couple of 6000's a while ago and they were both shit smokes. I always keep a few 2000's and 3000's around, I think we all agree they're awesome smokes and the 6's should be even better, but just couldn't get any good out of those 2. They sat sleeping for over a week at 64%, so they shouldn't have been too wet. Maybe I'll pick up a couple of more on the weekend and let 'em sleep till Labour Day.

I absolutely love the 2K and 3K maddies. Had a rough experience with a 6K recently, ....snip

WOW, glad it wasn't just me!! I got a couple of 6000's a while ago and they were both shit smokes. I always keep a few 2000's and 3000's around, I think we all agree they're awesome smokes and the 6's should be even better, but just couldn't get any good out of those 2. They sat sleeping for over a week at 64%, so they shouldn't have been too wet. Maybe I'll pick up a couple of more on the weekend and let 'em sleep till Labour Day.

Mine burned fine, so I know it wasn't too wet (sat at 65% RH since the Holidays), but it was just really harsh. Oh well, I tossed it and fired up a 3000 and all was well.

Great review on a great cigar. It is a good arguement to show that you don't have to spend a lot for a good smoke. Thanks!! :thumbs:

Fine first review, Nathan. The Padron maddie xK series is a budget classic and for good reason. My fave is the 2K, like B.B.S. but when I feel like splurging, I go for the 6K torpedo.

Wilkey

Exactly. The 2K Maduro and the 6K torpedo....maduro. Does anyone smoke the naturals? I smoked a 6K maddie last night. Chocolate, Nicaraguan spice, and the hint of coconut.

Good review Nathan. Why has it been 7 mos since you had a cigar? PM me an addy.

Mick

Mine burned fine, so I know it wasn't too wet (sat at 65% RH since the Holidays), but it was just really harsh. Oh well, I tossed it and fired up a 3000 and all was well.
Try sticking a few in the bottom of your humi. Forget about them for a few months and then give 'em a try again. These are sticks worth putting a little time on.

Wilkey

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you enjoyed my review, as short and succinct as it was. :D

Responded to your PM Tsmckenney.

In case anyone else was wondering why it has been so long since I smoked a cigar. I have been in Tech School for the Air Force. Unfortunately, while there you can not have any tobacco products on base. So no way I was going to be able to keep cigars, or even have anywhere to smoke them. I tried finding a B&M, but no luck. :( So now that I am at a new base and out of tech school, I can have tobacco on base.

Nathan