• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 3000

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
Here goes my first post. I've been reading here for a while and finally registered today. I'll start with the first review I've written on a Padron:

After hearing many good reviews about these cigars, I decided to head down to my local tobacconist and give it a try. Removing the cellophane revealed a dark wrapper with veins that looked typical of a well cared for leaf. A few light pinches showed the cigar was maintained properly and should have a good roll. The cap was unusually small, and would be a challenge to prepare with cutters. However, my punch was up to the job. I'm not sure if the small cap is typical of Padron's or if I just got a bad one. A couple pre-light draws were clear and smooth, confirming my theory this was a well rolled stogie. The initial light gave way to a spicy, harsh smoke and initial disappointment. Thankfully, the smoke smoothed out several draws later. There were hints of leather and a general spiciness throughout the cigar. The Padron maintained a light to medium gray ash throughout that held together quite well. I enjoyed this medium to full bodied cigar and would like to smoke a couple more, but at this time I won't add it to my list of regulars.

I have a decent inventory of smokes so I'll add more reviews regularly, which will hopefully improve with experience.

Edit: Forgot my rating, I gave it an 88/100

"The initial light gave way to a spicy, harsh smoke and initial disappointment. Thankfully, the smoke smoothed out several draws later."

That's what I've found with the 3000 also. But they sure do get better. :thumbs:

I find that I don't like Padrons off the shelf. But I do smoke from a couple of boxes that have a couple months nap time that are champs!

Maybe I'll give them another shot and age them for a while first. I've been hearing good things about them pretty consistently. But first I need to finish my coolidor...