• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 4000 Maduro (10/03)

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Size: 54 x 6 1/2
fourthousand.jpg

Just had this a couple of days ago after spending a couple of years in the humi. WOW! Tons and Tons of smoke. The draw was the epitome of perfection. It burned well. The flavor reminded me of a PAM, at one point I even regarded to Scott that I thought this was even better. It was just as smooth as the Anniversary.

If you have never tried I highly recommend stashing some of the Padron regular line away for a year or a few years and see how they smoke. Newer guys, Now is a great time to buy a handful of these (or another size if you prefer), hide them in your humi, cooler, whatever; so that in a year or two you are smoking some really amazing smokes.

***edited for spelling

ricmac25 - good review. Your experience matches the one I had with a Padron 2K with about a year of humi time on it. These "K" series smokes really seem to benefit from some down time and really give it up after a few months. Your advice matches my thoughts; these are great smokes out of the box, and fantastic with some time on them.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Looks like I need to padlock my 6 cigar Padrón sampler I ordered from MD Cigars when it gets here... or none of them are going to last a year :whistling:

I couldn't agree more. The Padron 4K maduro is a great smoke at a great price point. I don't think that you can buy a better smoke for the money. My problem is keeping them around long enough to get some age on them.

I wish I had read this yesterday. I smoked a 4000 last night that had about 1 month age on it (but it was obtained in a pass, so I'm not sure exactly how long it had been stored).

Anyway, the binder & wrapper ashes would not stay attached to the filler ash. The burn was awful. Several relights require and several touch-ups on top of it. And the smoke got extremely hot in the second half.

It tasted fine, but it sounds like I should have waited until 2009 to smoke it.

Just bought a 20 pack of the 2000's in the buy/sell/trade section. I will have to make sure that they stay out of sight for a while so they can age.

I just smoked the 2000 serie that had about a year on it and loved the hell out of it, great smoke. With the price of these you can't go wrong grabben a box!!!

That's great to hear. I have a box of Pardron 5000 Maduros that I've let sit for almost 2 years. I'm going to have to break one out asap.

IMHO....Any Padron XXX series is better with a little time on it. I keep all my Padron's in the 'Padron-a-Dor" for at least 5 years before I'll smoke them. I love the pre-light draw on these things. They have this fruity/berry kind of taste to them. Mmmmmm!!! When I finish one box I buy another to replace it and in it goes for a five year nap. I have one box of 2000's that's been napping since '98. I figure I'll let everyone at my funeral open it up, toss a couple in the box with me for the ride, then pass out the rest!! :laugh: The pic below is a few years old but the 'Padron-a-Dor' still looks pretty much the same today.

"I keep all my Padron's in the 'Padron-a-Dor" :D That would be how one doesn't smoke them all before they age.

Wouldn't it? Nice Paron-a-dor, brother! ;)