• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 40th Anni Torp Natural

Marito

I burned one this weekend. Had a precious couple of hours on my own Sunday afternoon and sparked this with a tall ice coffee and the Sunday Times. I decided to burn this baby not because it was a special occassion, but rather because when I was going through my humi I noticed that this specimen had been damaged. It had a hole in the wrapper that went though the binder layer about the diameter of a match head and the wrapper leaf around it was torn in a few directions. And this is why I write...

I figured I beter burn this baby before the tear worsened in future transport. I also figured the flaw would create some burn problems. Wrong. Even with the flaw it smoked perfectly. Didn't even require a correction. Lost the razor burn for a few minutes when it approaced the hole, then quickly regained it for the duration of the stick. In fact, it burned so perfectly that the ash held for the first half of the stick--through the flaw. Incredible. (Sorry no pics.) Obviously the flavor was a 10...strong, smooth, full, (I can't expand on what's already been written about these). I am just amazed at the performance of this stick even with the defect. My only complaint may be that the wrapper leaf seems to be very delicate on these sticks. With about an inch and a half left the leaf split on me again when I flicked the ash a bit to aggressively. Again, the stick bruned right through the defect. I nubbed it and went home happy.

good to hear it smoked well for ya. as for the wrapper if it was a natural 40 then it is very delicate,the maduros tend to be more rugged.

That's the sign of a great cigar, that even if you do something dumb like light only one side of the foot, or clip it badly, or tear a hole in the wrapper, that it will self-correct.

The one thing I have found that always hurts how a cigar burns, regardless of how well it is contructed, is humidity. Even the best will cone, tunnel, canoe, or not want to stay lit if it hasn't been ket at the ideal humidity long enough to completel stabilize.

Padrons are top-notch construction :thumbs: I'll have to try the natty version of the 40th soon :whistling:

Back