• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 64 A Natural

engspot

Covered in Paint
Thanks to Phil for this cigar, it came as an extra in our box split and I've been looking forward to putting this one to fire when I had the time.  I really enjoy the Padron '64 line and this ring gauge is perfect.  This cigar took about 2.5 hours to smoke so there are plenty of pictures attached.  I smoked this back on July 29th and haven't had time to write this up so I'm glad I took notes.

The unlit draw on the cigar was easy with little resistance.  The cigar had a slight give to it when pinched and there was one soft spot in the middle of the length, but it did not affect the quality of the smoke.  

The first few draws on the cigar were delicious.  It had the Padron flavor profile of coco and coffee with a slight peppery finish.  The ash was flaky and bright white and fell off at about 1 1/2".  After about 2" into the cigar I noticed the pepper fade out and flavor started to change.  It was more of a leather and coffee taste but the finish was completely different.  It confused me at first as it was a familiar flavor, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.  After thinking a bit, it was like a caramel sweetness with a bit of fruitiness...like the finish of a good bourbon.  The ash also looked noticeably different.  It was gray and stacked like a pile of nickels.

I tried to review the cigar in thirds, but as I was smoking I realized it was more like a cigars of 2 different halves.  The cigar really started to get heavier in the 2nd half.  I was over an hour into it and the leather become more dominant and the cigar tasted like earthy topsoil...I guess like coffee grinds.  It enjoyed it as it kept changing over time, especially since I was only a little over halfway through.  The flavor didn't change much as I worked my way to the end, but the strength picked up all the way to the end.  I had a nicotine buzz at the end and had to seek out some food.

Great cigar for anyone who loves Padron and has the free time to enjoy it!

gallery_12094_1778_367511.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_218117.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_397054.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_1023367.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_401732.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_649287.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_205487.jpg

gallery_12094_1778_1272174.jpg

I really think on the padron reviews all you have to say was "it was a Padron" :)

There's alot of truth to that.  I think you can also say that about many of the different brands like Tat, Liga, or Opus...you know what you're getting if you've had it before and you liked it before.

At least I was able to enjoy a few beers and take some pictures while I burnt this log down!

Good review. Looks like a good spot to put your feet up and relax for a couple hours, and that was the whole point of my contest.

PM me your addy.

Excellent review brother and I agree with Brent it looks like a nice spot to kick back and get some "you time"!

Paul

The 60 ring 1964 is an all time favorite.  (Thanks BBS)  Great review.

Yeah, we are fortunate to live in an area with a big and quiet back yard.  Unfortunately in a few months it'll be covered in snow until March and I'll be back to smoking little cigars.

Sweet pics and great review "engspot"! What "little cigars" do you prefer to smoke once winter hits?