• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 64 Maduro

opusxfiles

Smoke Shackin'
Well, Tonight was my 4 year wedding anniversary. With that in mind, I thought it best to kick back with a Padron 64 Maduro that had been lurking around the Humi and chill...

I had just enjoyed a wonderful dinner of Steak, Chicken and Shrimp with pasta and a light lemon alfredo, so I was already on top of the world.
WWhen I got home, I went straight to the humi, which has been holding around 62% these days, and got out the smoke. I went out to my smoking shack and took in the smell of the cigar in its unlit state. It smelled a bit spicier than other Padron 64's that I've had, but I could still smell the strong coffee and chocolate notes that I love so well.
I lit up, and the first puff was so spicy that I was kind of freaked out. I mean, this tasted more like an Opus X than a Padron! The first notes were very, very spicy.
The draw was firm, but not too tight, and the cigar began burning evenly from the get go, which is pretty standard for these box pressed beauties. The ash was white and the smoke almost a blue color.
About one third of the way in to the smoke, it mellowed out considerably into that cigar I know and love. Notes of coffee, chocolate and cedar filled the air as I contemplated my good fortune...beautiful wife, awesome son, my own smoking room and a Padron. Life is good my friends...very good.
Needless to say, I smoked this one till it burned my fingertips. The cigar didn't even ash until it was 3/4 through!

Geeze...I love this cigar sooooo much. Now I know that I am a newbie, and there are TONS of cigars that I haven't tried, especially those from the island... but if they are much better than this cigar, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

Final score on the Opusxfiles scale 9 out of 10. I would recomend this smoke to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

opusxfiles the newbie signing off......... for now.

PAM 64, nice way to celebrate! :thumbs:

Very nice review. BTW, they don't get much better than that...different, but not better. :)

I'm always curious when someone descibes a cigar as perfect and then gives it a 9 out of 10. Why did you deduct a point? Just curious.

Sounds like a nice evening.

congrats on the anniversary!

...oh, and on your marriage, too! :p

nice review.
you definitely chose a great smoke with which to celebrate the occasion.
which vitola was it, by the way? I'd be pretty impressed with the ash making it 3/4 of the way if it was, say, a diplomatico!

I got a couple of anni's waiting to be smoked. can;t wait for a warm night to sit on the deck and enjoy! thanks for the review. and congradulations on the 4yrs of patience! (marriage that is, cause lets face it, marriage is all about being patient!)

Nice review and congrats on the anniversary (both marriage and smoke). :p The Anniversario line are some of my favorite smokes. :thumbs: They don't make then any better IMO. And the coffee/cocoa flavors are heavenly.

I had the opportunity to wrap my lips on one of these bad boys a few years ago. At the time I had know idea what it was a friend gave it to me and he got it from a friend. Since I have been waiting for the day to relax with another. Great review :thumbs:

Great review for an awesome cigar. first congradulations.

Very nice review. BTW, they don't get much better than that...different, but not better. :thumbs: could not agree more.

I'm always curious when someone descibes a cigar as perfect and then gives it a 9 out of 10. Why did you deduct a point? Just curious.
I think its just on the off chance that it could get better :p i would have to give the pam a 10.

Mephiston said:
Great review for an awesome cigar. first congradulations.

Very nice review. BTW, they don't get much better than that...different, but not better. :thumbs: could not agree more.

I think its just on the off chance that it could get better :p i would have to give the pam a 10.
[snapback]174926[/snapback]​

First, thanks to everyone for congrats on my marriage...secondly, the reason I gave it only a 9 out of 10 is for two reasons 1.) The cigar was much more spicy than any other PAM i've had, so it felt inconsistant. good, but inconsistant. 2.) I've not had a chance to try any smokes from the island, so i figured i'd better give it a little wiggle room!

Great review. The PAM 64's don't take a back seat to any cigar made, including ISOM's, IMO.

The box pressing makes a nice hard cigar yet it draws pefectly. The only complaint I have (and it is very minor) is I like the feel of a round cigar in my fingers. I light my cigars by putting a flame to the edge and spin the cigars in my fingers till it is well lit, then I take my first puff. This seems to provide a cooler more mellow start.

The PAM 64 is by far the best smoke that I have had, and being a newbie, I am not sure what could come close.

My favorites are the Exclusivo and Diplomatica (sp?). From the very beginning there is a hint of spice, and then working through the body of the cigar, there is an explosion of cocoa and chocolate flavors! All I can say is that this cigar is pure crack (local cigar shop - Outlaw Cigar Co. joke)! It is so good, one can't help but have more than one!

This is a great cigar to enjoy with a delicious cup or pot of coffee, and I'm not referring to Charbucks! A great cigar and a great cup of coffee is an excellent way to start the day or end it. :)

I can't wait to meet Jorge Padron here in May. I am sure there will be discussion on how the cocoa is imported into the cigar!

Bill

Nice review and congratulations. Glad to hear it was a great night. I have only tried the regular PAM 64, I will have to pick up a maduro this weekend. :D

PAM Principes and Torpedos are by far my favorite non-ISOM smokes :sign:

Since a trip to Tampa a while back, where I first got exposed to PAM's, Principes and Torpedos have a permanent place in my humi. What a wonderful and tasty treat!