• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 80th, Maduro

First full retail box I ever bought was Padron 64' Exclusivo. Still got the box in my humidor. It was not a mistake!

I have yet to try the 80th, someday I will work up the courage to buy it or trade for one. The price tag is way beyond me at this point.

It sharted out very smooth right off the bat, which to me is a sign of a tremendous cigar and the prelude to a great smoking experience.

I guess you and I have a different definition of a "shart." :laugh:

I really like these but have to choose the time I smoke them pretty carefully. The last one I had made my head spin something terrible and almost made me sick from the buzz. It made me feel like a complete lightweight! Great flavors and perfect construction. I think I still prefer the #9 Maduro though...

I know what you mean about this cigar. Before I finally did a review of my experience, this cigar made me sick as a dog one night. The problem is, its premium tobacco, aged for at least 5-6 years, and jammed into that big fat stick. Its a cigar meant to be consumed all afternoon. Not in one hour. The first time I sucked this bad boy down within the hour I turned green, and I've never turned green from a cigar. Probably nicotine overload... But if you light this cigar and take your time with it, two hours minimum, it will always be a fantastic smoke. And it really, truly is.

Just my 2cents.

Nothing like a good cup of coffee and an 80th for breakfast.

Art

Interesting bit of trivia I learned recently: all of the Padrón 80th cigars are rolled by one guy. Yep, every single one of them was created by one rolled @ Padrón.

He was recently injured, and they had to stop production of the cigar while he recovered (and in the meantime, they've been training two more rollers to be able to roll that cigar, but it takes time to teach them).

That is really cool. Thanks for that tid bit! :)