• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Family Reserve

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
Padron 1926
Family Reserve 45 years Maduro

Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Place of purchase: Gifted by Isy

Smoking Results

SIZE: Length: 6" Ring: 52 Toro
APPEARANCE: Nice dark wrapper, bands shine with the contrast of colors
CONSTRUCTION: Good weight, very firm
Cut: punch
DRAW: perfect
BURN: nice and even
FLAVOR: Sweet, spice, rich, earthy
STRENGHT: Full
SMOKING TIME: 1 1/2 hrs
GENERAL IMPRESSION: One of the best cigars I have ever had..

I received this cigar from Izzy at the last QSH.. Due to power outages we invited to herf at Izzys place in Kingston. Many of the guys showed up and I was fortunate enough to spend the evening with BBS, Khari, Ironpeddler and some friends.. At the time I got this cigar, I didn't realize till now I was in for a treat. Thank you Isy for ruining me even more.. :thumbs:

2011-04-15_16-32-23_389-1.jpg

Lay out: Last Friday my wife was dead tired so we dropped off our daughter and dog at my mother-in-laws house. My wife went to sleep around 6pm, so I had the night off and went to my local B&M. There's always good company and a nice place to relax. When I showed up they were just watching the beginning of Legends of the Fall. I had never seen the movie and was under the impression I wouldn't like it. I was wrong.

Since I smoked this at my local I only have one picture and am writing this off memory.

1/3 I decided to punch the cap. The predraw was very flavorful, rich and just delicious. I torched the foot and ended up with a even burn. After a couple small puffs I let it sit for a moment. Once I began I had trouble putting this down. I was tasting rich flavors of cocoa and leather. The flavors jumped out.. The smoke was heavy and rich. This is the perfect cigar..

2/3 Flavors are coming in strong, and thats not all.. I started to get a nic. buzz.. Wow, unexpected.. This cigar is so smooth and rich in flavors. The ash is holding well. I start to pick up a earthy flavor over half way through.

3/3 At this point the flavor of cocoa has moved on and is no longer present. I'm still getting rich flavors of leather and rich earth. This smoke has stayed incredibly smooth from start to finish. The nic buzz I feel is pretty strong, its been awhile since I felt like this.

From the taste and experience I would buy a box in a heart beat, but at the price point, not gonna happen.. If you have one smoke it.. This falls in my top five. I can says this is a cigar I won't forget about.. Thank you Isy..

Mike

Nice review. Its a shame that a lot of the cigars that just blow your socks off are priced that high. I guess theres a reason for it though.

Nice review. Its a shame that a lot of the cigars that just blow your socks off are priced that high. I guess theres a reason for it though.

I agree. This cigar is great but Ive had a few 64's that were just as tasty. It's a shame they're that pricey.

Expensive...yep.

But, every one I've ever had was just flat ON. Probably one of the best cigars I've ever smoked....every time.

A very worthwhile splurge, to be sure.....:thumbs:

Nice review; thanks - B.B.S.

I agree. This cigar is great but Ive had a few 64's that were just as tasty. It's a shame they're that pricey.

I would rather have one 45 compared to a few other mediocre sticks.

Thanks for the review! Been wanting to try one and you've persuaded me I should.

As for the price, I couldn't smoke one every week but on occasion - sure! :p

Thanks for the review! Been wanting to try one and you've persuaded me I should.

As for the price, I couldn't smoke one every week but on occasion - sure! :p

Its been a couple weeks and I still remember how good that smoke was..

Padron is one of my favorites, but I might just have to try one, and only one. Pity.

Man! You've been holding onto that smoke for a LONG time! Glad you enjoyed it. I agree with BBS...SPOT ON everytime and while expensive, it's worth every penny. Right now, it's my favorite cigar out there, and has been for a while.

Do you have any of these in stock Izzy? Ive been looking to get my hands on one for a while but my regular and online places have never had it.

I haven't smoked one in a while, but I do remember how good they were. Nice review, and thanks for taking me back to that night. We had a ball.

One of these are about to be fully enjoyed as my birthday smoke!

I just had one of these today and it was completely brilliant. It was every bit as smooth and subtle yet full, rich, creamy, complex, with the stoutest ash I've encoutered. Worth every penny and I'll enjoy smoking the rest of the box. No you can't have any unless you swing by Junction City, Kansas.

yup.... aside from the few I've gifted, I've enjoyed every one as these are ALWAYS a great smoke. Sad I'm down to my last, but there are ways to rectify that!