• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Help

Gawl

I ordered a box of 1964 Corona's and was informed that someone beat me to them. I got offered a deal on some other boxes but need a little help deciding. I'm torn bewteen the the 1964 torpedo's or the 1926 no 35's, both natural. Thoughts? I do prefer smaller smokes, not sure if the no 35 is too small though. I also plan to let this box sit in storage for a year or so.

I ordered a box of 1964 Corona's and was informed that someone beat me to them. I got offered a deal on some other boxes but need a little help deciding. I'm torn bewteen the the 1964 torpedo's or the 1926 no 35's, both natural. Thoughts? I do prefer smaller smokes, not sure if the no 35 is too small though. I also plan to let this box sit in storage for a year or so.
If it were me I would take the #35's.Both are great smokes tho.

Why consider the 64 torps if you are a small cigar smoker? ;) Personally I'd go for the 35's (regardless of natural or maduro). I'm a PC smoker myself and I don't think they're too small. A great 45min-1hr smoke.

Get 'em both. You won't be disappointed. If you can't afford both, get the '64. I love the '26's but their not worth the price difference in my opinion.

Doc.

Get 'em both. You won't be disappointed. If you can't afford both, get the '64. I love the '26's but their not worth the price difference in my opinion.

Doc.
This man is wise and speaks the truth. One of the best cigars I've ever smoked, and I do mean ever, was a natural '64 torp with about a year of down time on it. Just blew me away.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Call on one of our many member/B&M owners and get yourself a sampler............Then make up your own mind what you want a box of. You know how it is. Different strokes for different folks. :cool:

Doc.
I'm going with Doc on this one. I loves me some 26's, but when it comes down to price point, the 64's never disappoint. In my opinion, yes the #35's are a good short smoke, but personally mine always become too hot because of how small they are. Just my .02. Now, if it were down to maduro #35's vs. natural 64's, I'd take the maduro all day.

At least this way, you can share the 64's with some of your friends and have a nice long conversation about how great they are. :whistling:

When I say small I mean smaller than church hills :p

Think I'm going to go with the torps as I really like the 6000 which is the torp. I have a few 1926's and 64's that I haven't tried yet. Thanks for the replies all.

edit: The box I had ordered was maduros, those are all out though. Its and autographed box which is why I wanted to grab it.

Doc.
This man is wise and speaks the truth. One of the best cigars I've ever smoked, and I do mean ever, was a natural '64 torp with about a year of down time on it. Just blew me away.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Mmmmmm! I have a box of Torpedo's from May of 05 Tom........May just have to break one out tonight. :love:

Why consider the 64 torps if you are a small cigar smoker? ;) Personally I'd go for the 35's (regardless of natural or maduro). I'm a PC smoker myself and I don't think they're too small. A great 45min-1hr smoke.
Compare them to a '64 Principe for the price and you tell me...... :cool:

'course I have a few 35's in the humi and most of a box of Principe's..... :p

Doc.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Mmmmmm! I have a box of Torpedo's from May of 05 Tom........May just have to break one out tonight. :love:
I think you should PROMPTLY send a few along so I could compare them with the one that floored me a year or so ago...... :laugh:

Blaze one up and enjoy....I predict you'll be amazed..... :thumbs:

I think the 64's are a better smoke than the 1926 #35. I have smoked a few 35s and a LOT of 64's. I have never had a 64 dissapoint me, but most of the 35's have.
B

Compare them to a '64 Principe for the price and you tell me...... :cool:

'course I have a few 35's in the humi and most of a box of Principe's..... :p

I agree you get more bang for your buck on the '64's but personally I prefer the 35's. The 64's just don't do it for me, at least from what I remembered since it's been awhile. Then again, I don't smoke Opus's anymore so it could just be me. ;)

I got the torps, my biggest fear was with the 35's getting hot too fast. Thanks all for the help, appreciate the insight.

I got the torps, my biggest fear was with the 35's getting hot too fast. Thanks all for the help, appreciate the insight.

Good call, imo! Like I said before, the #35s got too hot too fast for me. Enjoy them! :thumbs:

I'll let you know how they taste in a year :p

I plan on socking them away as I'm taking a cruise in May to Alaska and want some good smokes to take with me!