• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, King, and those "strong" cigars?

sylvester36

Becoming somewhat "addicted" to some cigars I've smoked. Mainly the Padrons 3000 and 5000. I also smoked a "King" cigar which seemed to have a similar "strong" taste and the darker wrapper. I'm not sure which King it was as I got it taking some friends out to one of these fancy cigar places.

So, I've noticed that those Padrons are pretty pricey - even online. I'm not sure on the King's or other similar cigars, though I did like the King just as much or more than the Padron. Could anyone point me in the direction of a Padron or other similar deal that is also a good strong smooth smoke? I'm trying to find something I can buy online for less to keep "in stock" here at home :) Right now, I'm buying at the local stores and such so prices are higher. Thanks much for any help!

Becoming somewhat "addicted" to some cigars I've smoked. Mainly the Padrons 3000 and 5000. I also smoked a "King" cigar which seemed to have a similar "strong" taste and the darker wrapper. I'm not sure which King it was as I got it taking some friends out to one of these fancy cigar places.

So, I've noticed that those Padrons are pretty pricey - even online. I'm not sure on the King's or other similar cigars, though I did like the King just as much or more than the Padron. Could anyone point me in the direction of a Padron or other similar deal that is also a good strong smooth smoke? I'm trying to find something I can buy online for less to keep "in stock" here at home :) Right now, I'm buying at the local stores and such so prices are higher. Thanks much for any help!

You thought the Padron 3K was pretty pricey? It's actually one of the better value sticks out there from what I've found. The Sancho Panza Double Maduro fits the description you are looking for and are a value priced smoke as well. You can find bundle smokes for cheaper than the Padron and SP but they can be hit or miss. Most of the big online stores will have their own value brand and you can get some deals that way but I have smoked few that can compare to the Padron.

What Ben says is the truth. :thumbs:

X3 He is a really great guy to deal with too, super helpful.

You thought the Padron 3K was pretty pricey? It's actually one of the better value sticks out there from what I've found. The Sancho Panza Double Maduro fits the description you are looking for and are a value priced smoke as well. You can find bundle smokes for cheaper than the Padron and SP but they can be hit or miss. Most of the big online stores will have their own value brand and you can get some deals that way but I have smoked few that can compare to the Padron.

For the price, the Padron x000's are some of the highest bangforyourbuck sticks out there. You will not regret picking up a box and smoking a 3-4 a year to taste them as they age.

If you really enjoy the Padron 3000 flavor, but want to go cheaper look at picking up some of the Padron londres or delicias. Same flavor, smaller smoke, cheaper price. Those two can usually be found in the $70-80 range for a box of 26. You won’t find a better way to spend your money, than spending on the regular Padron lines. There may be cheaper cigars out there, but that’s exactly what you’re getting…cheaper cigars.

Thanks guys! What about the "King" cigars? I haven't had time to research prices and I'm not even sure exactly which one I bought at the cigar place. At any rate, it was a GOOD smoke as well. IMO as good or better than the Padrons I've had and it was bigger and slower burning.

I sent a PM to keystone, but I'm not sure on the price being best? I'm going to ask my local total wine here what their price would be on a box.

I sent a PM to keystone, but I'm not sure on the price being best? I'm going to ask my local total wine here what their price would be on a box.

Keystone_raider has great prices and an outstanding BOTL. He takes care of us around here and has a deep passion for the hobby. I doubt you will get that from a total wine store. There's a reason it's called Total Wine and not Total Cigars. But, that's just my opinion.

Thanks guys! What about the "King" cigars? I haven't had time to research prices and I'm not even sure exactly which one I bought at the cigar place. At any rate, it was a GOOD smoke as well. IMO as good or better than the Padrons I've had and it was bigger and slower burning.

Not sure on the King cigar. Fuente makes a couple of cigars with King in the name but I'm not familiar with a cigar maker or line with the sole name of King

There are a handful of CP members here who either own or run great cigar shops. Are they always the rock bottom prices? No, they aren't. They are always competitive and will run some specials where they will be the lower price. This isn't why I buy from them. I buy from them because of their interaction here and their passion for cigars. That is worth far more than the nickel per cigar I can save by finding the lowest bidder. Stick around here for awhile and I'm sure you will feel the same way. If you're only here to gleen where to find the lowest prices on cigars, then that's your business. But I wouldn't count on a many more pointers or suggestions if that is your true motive.

Personally I don't mind paying a little (or sometimes a lot) over MSRP from a BOTL here since even 2x MSRP is cheaper than retail in Canada. The fellas here I've dealt with have been amazing, both vendors and non-vendors.

My first box purchase was a box pf Padron 5000 maduro from Keystone Raider. He will take care of ya.

Well that's good to hear. I suppose I'll have to checkout some of the vendors here for the "product" anyway! Service is always a good thing, and so far I've found it to be not so good at one of the "fancy" cigar places here in Jax. They got the sexy women and the high drink prices, but the service sucks. Bartending "skills" are always a problem too it seems. I suppose that's the case at any bar though nowadays - not just "cigar bars". I guess that's why I've been scouting good liquor deals and doing homebrewing for years now and probably will be doing the same thing for cigars, pipes, etc. I pay a lot less and ALWAYS get better service when I'm serving myself :)

PS. $10 for a lukewarm "manhattan" in a 2 inch martini glass with no cherry?! My first "cigar bar" experience :-/

Nica Libre is Padronish. Will it replace Padron no but it has a similar profile IMHO. Is cheaper then some of the X000 series.