• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron L. J. Peretti Company 140th Anniversary

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Any information on this new stick? I can only find information on the shops website and smokingstogie.

Updated information from SS.

About two weeks ago, it came to my attention that Padron had released a cigar that I was not aware of...Dubbed the Padron L. J. Peretti Company 140th Anniversary, it was (obviously) produced for the 140th Anniversary of the L. J. Peretti Company in Boston.

The interesting thing about this cigar is that this is one of the few times in their history that Padron has produced a private label blend (There was also the Padron Legacy, which was released exclusivly to Holts to celebrate their 110th year of business)...In fact, the owner of L.J. Peretti had a major influence in what the blend would taste like...He told me that they were looking for a Padron flavor, but with more power, and less spice and pepper then the normal blends ("More Mellow")...In fact, he told me that there is an extra Ligero leaf in the cigar to give it a little more strength compared to other blends in the line...

This blend was only released in a Maduro wrapper, and they are sold in boxes of 20...And while this is an Exclusive blend sold only at Peretti's, it is NOT a limited release (i.e. Padron will continue to produce as many of them as Peretti's wants, for the foreseeable future)...

Another interesting fact is that the size of the L.J. Peretti cigar at 5 x 50 falls right in between the 1964 Principe (4.5 x 46) and the Exclusivo (5.5 x 50) in the lineup...

The website has a quote:

"The L. J. Peretti Company is proud to present our 140th Anniversary Cigar. This cigar has been made to our exacting standards by the world famous Padron family...Seductively dark and rich, this cigar is full bodied without being overpowering. A masterpiece of the cigar maker's art."

The boxes for the L. J. Peretti 140th are interesting in their own right...They come in what looks to be a normal Padron box, with "L. J. Peretti Company - 1870-2010" branded onto the top...

Didn't Padron just release a blend for Famous Smoke Shop last year? Same dimensions?

Didn't Padron just release a blend for Famous Smoke Shop last year? Same dimensions?

Not sure when it actually was released but yes, they do have an overpriced, okay cigar for FS. I wonder if this is the same sort of release. Nothing to fancy as far as I can tell.

Interesting. Anyone smoked one yet?

I smoked a few :)

It is interesting to me how Padron seems to be going the "Single Store" release way...Not only Holts, and Famous, but Smoke Inn is getting a stick at the end of March, as well as the release for Rocky Patel's "Burn Lounge"...

None of the "Special Releases" I have smoked and reviewed have come close to a 1964 Exclusivo (which is my benchmark)...

Your mileage may vary :)

~brooks

Yes, the 70th Anni

http://www.cigaradvisor.com/reviews/cigar-reviews/famous-70th-anniversary-by-padron

~brooks

From the pictures on your site, the wrapper doesn't seem to have much of any oils on it. It could be the lighting but that is one of the factors I use when benchmarking Padrons.

From the pictures on your site, the wrapper doesn't seem to have much of any oils on it. It could be the lighting but that is one of the factors I use when benchmarking Padrons.

I am looking at two of them right now, and there is very little oil on them, almost none...The wrapper is actually quite dry...

~brooks

It is interesting to me how Padron seems to be going the "Single Store" release way...Not only Holts, and Famous, but Smoke Inn is getting a stick at the end of March, as well as the release for Rocky Patel's "Burn Lounge"...

None of the "Special Releases" I have smoked and reviewed have come close to a 1964 Exclusivo (which is my benchmark)...

~brooks

Not such a big deal for them when all they need to do is cut half an inch off of an Exclusivo and call it a special release.

~brooks

Not such a big deal for them when all they need to do is cut half an inch off of an Exclusivo and call it a special release.

LOL! True :)

But this was no Exclusivo, not even close...VERY different profile.

~brooks

Any information on this new stick? I can only find information on the shops website and smokingstogie.
Smoking one now. A little heavier. Peretti is one of the most expensive places in Boston to by a smoke. 15$ for this one. Nice smoke, they have the 1964 band on them and the guy I bought it from said they where not happy that the bands where not right.
The next shipment is supposed to have the right bands.

Smoking one now. A little heavier. Peretti is one of the most expensive places in Boston to by a smoke. 15$ for this one. Nice smoke, they have the 1964 band on them and the guy I bought it from said they where not happy that the bands where not right.
The next shipment is supposed to have the right bands.

What do you mean by 'heavier'?

A richer more full flavored smoke with out the spicy notes padrons have. I bought it for 15$ when there was a 1926, similar size right next to it for 12$.

Just as advertised, a stronger tobacco w/o the pepper. Still smooth and well rolled, plenty of smoke right down til I was burning my fingers. Of course at 15$ a whack I really wanted to like it alot.

LJP makes the best burley. :)