• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Maduro Churchill !

cletus

Smokin' Member
Am I missing something?
I just smoked a Padron Manduro Churchill from my local smoke shop, I thought well its a Padron and a Maduro so its gotta be good.
It's not even a close second to a rolled up dog turd my brother made me smoke when I was younger!!! Worse Thing ever!!! Is it a short filler or something?
I paid $4 bucks for this crap!! Could I just got a bad one or something?
I have smoked some that I didn't care for in the past, but this had be put out of it's misery!!

Am I alone?

P.S. Dog turd never happened, But I sure it would be the same!

I would definitely try again before giving up on them. I definitely like them. Then again, I'm a Padron slut.

ricmac25 said:
I would definitely try again before giving up on them.

without a doubt, try 'em again.

of course, it's always possible that Padron isn't your "cup o' tea", but I'd try others before making up your mind. once you've tried cigars from their 1964 and 1926 lines, and still don't like what you've had, then you'll know Padron's not a brand for you.

the fact that you're asking whether it was a short-filler cigar makes me wonder if it was a Padron "Fumas" that you smoked. they're not quite churchill-sized, though (at 6.5" X 44).

thing is, I think that the (short) filler in Fumas comes from the "scraps" (aka- cutting remainders) from Padron's not-so-low-grade cigar lines.

Personally I like all the Padrons, including the fumas (I think they're a great deal for dirt cheap smoke).

I would say absolutely try them again brother.

ricmac25 said:
I would definitely try again before giving up on them. I definitely like them. Then again, I'm a Padron slut.
[snapback]189625[/snapback]​

Ditto to all of the above. Slut included.

moki said:
ricmac25 said:
[snapback]189625[/snapback]​

Ditto to all of the above. Slut included.
[snapback]189651[/snapback]​

not to beat a dead padron horse...but ditto again.

I've had their 1926 and 64 lines, and they are wonderful!
Could it have been stale? Thats what it tasted like.

If it were a regular line churchill and not a fuma, then I would have to say it was too young. I have had a few young padrons that taste crappy. They miss the mark by starting off reall dull, then half way through they taste of amonia and dog turd. But given enough time in the humidor, these cigars always come around. Ask Shadow about the big Padron cigars. He raves over them. He'd be the one to ask how long to age them before smoking.

Emo

Maybe not stale...but you have now officially ruined your taster's pallet for any cigar under a '64 Ani. or Serie '26 in the Padron line. I'm the same way...once I go and try the real good stuff, there's no going back. I can't smoke any of the other cigars in the line...or is it that I'm just "all hoity-toity" :laugh: :whistling: .

-Fetter

emodx said:
If it were a regular line churchill and not a fuma, then I would have to say it was too young. I have had a few young padrons that taste crappy. They miss the mark by starting off reall dull, then half way through they taste of amonia and dog turd. But given enough time in the humidor, these cigars always come around. Ask Shadow about the big Padron cigars. He raves over them. He'd be the one to ask how long to age them before smoking.

Emo
[snapback]189676[/snapback]​

It's frightening to know that one of our brothers knows the taste of dog turd!
:p

cletus said:
Am I missing something?
I just smoked a Padron Manduro Churchill from my local smoke shop, I thought well its a Padron and a Maduro so its gotta be good.
It's not even a close second to a rolled up dog turd my brother made me smoke when I was younger!!! Worse Thing ever!!! Is it a short filler or something?
I paid $4 bucks for this crap!! Could I just got a bad one or something?
I have smoked some that I didn't care for in the past, but this had be put out of it's misery!!

Am I alone?

P.S. Dog turd never happened, But I sure it would be the same!
[snapback]189621[/snapback]​

Wow, this was my exact experience just a few days ago. I pulled a Padron 4000 Maduro from the humi and thought, it's Padron, it's a maddy, it's gotta be good. Then it wasn't.

I've got a couple more so I'll follow the advice of those above and give em another shot in a coupla months.