• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Magnum Maduro.......

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
The new CA magazine came out and in it, they have evaluated the aforementioned cigar. Now, I can even begin to give a review sufficient to the one's I've seen before, however, I must concur with the rating given by CA. :D

The cigar lights well, burns well and tastes great! :love: All the way to the nub! I just had another one while on vacation and it was a good as the last one I had. This one had been aged about eight months since receiving the box I ordered.

I know we've commented on this before, but the recent eval in CA made me post it again.

Just my .02 cents worth.
:)

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Again, one of my favorite "A" sized cigars. :thumbs:

How do you smoke an "A"? I have never had one, and they look like they would take half a day to smoke.

Padron IMHO has the best Go-To sticks. Very consistant, always good. I may have to get one of the Mags and give it a shot when I have a few hours :D

PB, it's a great size for watching a football or baseball game.

A sizes are definately 18-holers. :) The Padron MM is a very good example of this vitola. Curious...what rating did it get in CA? It's been listed on the CA website at 94 for a long time.

FT, I think you would spend more time savoring this cigar than playing golf. JMHO :D

I saw those somewhere recently, seemed like a good deal!

FT...they got a 93 this go around! :D

Leebo....where did you see them and at what price? Cigars for less has them for $157ish. Not a BAD price. ???

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

These are great tasting sticks... especially with some age on 'em! I haven't had one in awhile but I enjoyed smoking it while working in the yard! It sure made yardwork a bit more tolerable... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Brother Wade, I hate to tell you this, but here in Texas, if you smoke while working in the yard, you have to stop every 2 or 3 minutes to let the sweat drip off your cigar ??? , I reckan in your neck of the woods, smokin and Mowin is a bit easier :D

I agree with you tho, when the weather is good, I love a good smoke while I push the mower along. It does make the job much more pleasent. :D

PuroBrat said:
Brother Wade, I hate to tell you this, but here in Texas, if you smoke while working in the yard, you have to stop every 2 or 3 minutes to let the sweat drip off your cigar ??? , I reckan in your neck of the woods, smokin and Mowin is a bit easier :D

I agree with you tho, when the weather is good, I love a good smoke while I push the mower along. It does make the job much more pleasent. :D
I have never had one of these<wink>...but for yard smokes, I like Connies and JR Alts. I try to let the SO do the yard work though. I'll push the mower and weed eat if she asks, but I just assume spend my week ends fishing.

Emo

wk-mang said:
These are great tasting sticks... especially with some age on 'em! I haven't had one in awhile but I enjoyed smoking it while working in the yard! It sure made yardwork a bit more tolerable... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade
What are your normal sticks? Partagas 150s? Man, I can hardly even bring myself to spend $9 on a special event 'gar!

What are your normal sticks? Partagas 150s? Man, I can hardly even bring myself to spend $9 on a special event 'gar!

First off... Partagas 150's aren't my normal smoke... LOL! I'm not a P150 fan... didn't think they were worth the price as regular Partagas are just as tasty IMO. :0

When I'm out in the yard I'll smoke what I enjoy as I don't have a separate bunch of cigars that are reserved for yard work. A lot of herfers prefer smoking bundled cigars or seconds while golfing or doing yard work but for me.... I don't have a lot of time to smoke during the week so when I get a chance to light up (even while during yard work) I'll grab a stick that I know I'll enjoy! I like the Padron Magnum Maddie for yardwork because it's a big stick that'll keep me company for a couple of hours and I know it'll taste great too. Heck... I've even smoked Opus X and VSGs while out pulling weeds... sure makes weeding a lot more fun! :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll always smoke a cigar that I'm going to enjoy... whether it be on the golf course, in the yard or at a party! Try this McP... smoke one of your favorites while you're doing stuff around the house and let me know what you think. I think you'll find the chore a lot more tolerable... ;)

Aloha,

Wade

Wade...I agree with your point, as I am in the same boat right now. But I do keep seconds and alts around for times I may not be able to finish a stick. I find it a lot easier to toss a dollar stick than a 7 dollar stick. Just my $.02.

Emo

Bruddah Emo... GREAT POINT! I also have 2nds and bundled cigars too for times as you described... I want to smoke a 'gar but I know I'll have to toss it and it is definitely less painful to toss a $1 stick!

There is a chore that I do that I'll always grab a bundled 'gar or 2nd to smoke... and that's washing the cars! My 6 year old daughter loves to help me wash the cars and I can't tell you how many times it's turned into a water-fight.... LOL! At least I can herf half the stick before it gets drenched... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

emodx said:
.........for yard smokes, I like Connies and JR Alts..........push the mower and weed eat......but I just as soon spend my week ends fishing.

Emo
When you break it down into the major components, Emo has my plan all sewn up!!! :D :p :0

PuroBrat said:
emodx said:
.........for yard smokes, I like Connies and JR Alts..........push the mower and weed eat......but I just as soon spend my week ends fishing.

Emo
When you break it down into the major components, Emo has my plan all sewn up!!! :D :p :0
:D :thumbs: :D

I wish I had the grass to mow to be able to enjoy a puro. Unfortunately, on my acre, all I have is weeds and dirt. So when I whip out the riding mower, I get nothing but dust all over me. I don't think dirt and a fine one mix too well.

Sigh......