• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Millenium + 1926

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Has anyone had a Padron Millenium? I've never seen them available anywhere. Not even at the ripoff online places that have Opus and PAMs, etc. Are they available anywhere?

Also, the 1926's aren't mentioned on Padron's website. Are these no longer in production?

If I remember correctly, the millenium had a profile much like the PAM. But the Millenium seemed more "harmonius" in the flavors. PAM's to me seem to have distinct flavors and distinct starting and stopping points. The Millenium, all the flavors were blended together. You could tell where one started and the other stopped. Definately a very special cigar for very special occasions. Also, it ias mild, so if should go first.

LOL! "box pressed, and wrapped up tighter than a virgin who has never even entertained a dirty thought" :0

Now thats a review.

Well, looks like these are amazing. I guess I can add another cigar to the 'incredible but you will never be able to find them' list.

Were they only sold in the box of a 100?

They were sold in Humidors for the special occasion. You can find them sold at auction for singles a couple times a year. Expect to pay $25-$40 a stick at auction. you can also pick one up in passes.

Emo

Refer to our local Padron hoebag/slut... moki. He knows everything there is to know about those cigars. :p

I think this is the first time I've ever heard 'ho-bag slut' used as a compliment. :)

I just saw a few for sale @ $40 each last week when I was surfing. Don't know if I could find the place again though.

You've never seen Moki in his dress, ho-bag slut is a compliment! :p

I'm a huge Padron fan and I've had them all except for the 1926 #1 and the 1964 A. Fortunately for me I litteraly live down the street from Padron :D

Here's what I know:

The PAM/PAN (1964 Anniversarios) were made in celebration of Jose Padrons flee from Cuba to the United States. Obviously like ALL Padrons they are a Nicaraguan puro. These are ages for 3 or 4 years (sorry can't remember which). The Imperials and Torpedos are my favorites :love:

The 1926 series was made after the 1964 series and is the year Jose Padron was born. These come in 4 sizes all of which are box pressed: 1 (The longest-almost a churchill length), 9 (Thick ring gauge and 5-6"), 2(A Torpedo), 6(Kind of a small box pressed robusto). These retail around $20, $18, $16, $12 respectively. The only major differences that I can think of off the top of my head between the 64 and 26 series are age (the 26s are aged one more year) and availability. I think they might be more selective with the wrappers on the 26 also, not certain though.

The elusive Milleniums were obviously made in 2000. Only 1,000 humidors of 100 cigars each were made. The cigar is the same size as the Anniversario Imperial (in fact I almost gave a Millenium away once because I mistook it for an Imperial). The humidor is a beautiful Italian made Spanish Cedar box. If I'm not mistaken these retail for about $20-$25 a stick but you will obviously pay more than that if you can even find them. The few times I've seen them for sale they were going for between $3,000 and $5,000 for the humidor. A while back Thompsons even had a box or two.

Hope this helps

gatorsmg said:
I'm a huge Padron fan and I've had them all except for the 1926 #1 and the 1964 A. Fortunately for me I litteraly live down the street from Padron :D
Do they have a shop? Are the prices better than retail? Most of my family is in Ft Lauderdale so I'm down in the area plenty, I would definitely stop by if you can pick up boxes at good prices.

Moki sent me a 1926 #6. Was incredible.
I don't know about "dress wearin ho-bag slut", I'll stick to "Sir Moki King of Padron"

Do they have a shop? Are the prices better than retail? Most of my family is in Ft Lauderdale so I'm down in the area plenty, I would definitely stop by if you can pick up boxes at good prices.
Yes
No
and it's the best place to get boxes

Padron built a new building right behind their current office. It should be opening very soon (next couple of weeks). I drove by there a few days ago and it looks like things are moving along pretty well. They are moving their offices and distribution to the new building as well as a store and smoking lounge which they don't currently have. You can go to their current office and ofcourse the new one when it opens to get boxes. They don't sell for less than retail because they don't want to piss off the shops that sell their cigars by undercutting them. Ofcourse they sell for true retail and not the bull$hit you see in some shops. So they really sell the boxes for the best price unless you're able to get them somewhere for less than retail. Let me know if and when you might be interested in making a trip to Padron, maybe we can make it a mini herf (I'm sure we could twist a few arms to join us). You can probably even meet Jose Padron because he's there a lot.

gatorsmg said:
The PAM/PAN (1964 Anniversarios) were made in celebration of Jose Padrons flee from Cuba to the United States.
From the Padron website:
The Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series™ line was introduced in 1994 to commemorate our company’s 30th anniversary.

Sorry Gator, had to do a little correcting. It may or may not be the same year that Padron fled Cuba, but the listed reason for the brand is the company's anniversary.

The anniversaries are aged 4 years.

ricmac25 Posted
Sorry Gator, had to do a little correcting. It may or may not be the same year that Padron fled Cuba, but the listed reason for the brand is the company's anniversary.

Makes sense. Padron did come to the U.S. in 1964 and of course started making his cigars when he got here. So they are the same year however he actually left Cuba in 1961 and went to Spain for 3 years.

Here's part of an interview with Jose Padron by Marvin Shanken: If anyone wants to read the rest (it's pretty good) Click Here

Quote from an interview with Jose Padron
CA: How did you get into the cigar business in Miami? When did the Padrón cigar actually begin?

Padrón: I started it in 1964 when I came to the U.S. I got the idea that I could make a cigar; although it would not be exactly like the Cuban cigar, it would be similar. I wanted to provide the smokers in Miami with cigars similar to what they were used to smoking. I began with 200 cigars a day with one roller.

gatorsmg said:
The elusive Milleniums were obviously made in 2000. Only 1,000 humidors of 100 cigars each were made. The cigar is the same size as the Anniversario Imperial (in fact I almost gave a Millenium away once because I mistook it for an Imperial). The humidor is a beautiful Italian made Spanish Cedar box. If I'm not mistaken these retail for about $20-$25 a stick but you will obviously pay more than that if you can even find them. The few times I've seen them for sale they were going for between $3,000 and $5,000 for the humidor. A while back Thompsons even had a box or two.
Actually, the Padrón Millenniums are slightly smaller than the Imperials -- they are 52 x 6" vs. 54 x 6" for the Imperials -- but you're right, they are pretty close.

The humidor itself is kinda nice, but the credo unit they provided sucks terribly, and they provided no hygrometer either. The 5 trays in the humidor are made to fit the Padrón Millenniums, so other cigars that are a bit thicker or longer won't fit in it that well.

They are not easy to find, but they are quite nice cigars, IMHO. More info can be found here:

http://www.padron.com/cigar_millennium.php

gatorsmg said:
The 1926 series was made after the 1964 series and is the year Jose Padron was born. These come in 4 sizes all of which are box pressed: 1 (The longest-almost a churchill length), 9 (Thick ring gauge and 5-6"), 2(A Torpedo), 6(Kind of a small box pressed robusto). These retail around $20, $18, $16, $12 respectively. The only major differences that I can think of off the top of my head between the 64 and 26 series are age (the 26s are aged one more year) and availability. I think they might be more selective with the wrappers on the 26 also, not certain though.
As I understand it, the tobacco in the 1926's is aged at least 5-6 years before it is even rolled into a cigar. The blend is also different than the 1964's -- it's a bit stronger of a blend of tobacco, so taking a 1964 and aging it for another 2-3 years doesn't get you the same flavor as a 1926.

Some people think the 1926's are over-rated compared to the 1964s, and that they aren't worth the expense. I happen to like them more: it's everything I like about a 1964, only more robust. The maduro wrappers are also much darker than the 1964s, as a rule.

BTW, I've heard that there is such a thing as a 1926 "A" sized Padrón, auctioned off for charity. I've never seen one, but I've been lookin' hard.

Also the upcoming 40th Anniversary cigar will be another one in the 1926 line: a nice big fat torpedo.

I'd like to pre sign up for the 40th anniversary Torp box pass. :D :p