• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Question

Big B

Hey Gents,
Just curious if there is a easy way to tell when a box of Padron x000 where made?

If the box is open there is a tag that gives the name of who rolled them and date they were rolled.

Great, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. My local place has a partial box of 2000 that has been on the shelf for awhile. Smoked one the other day and it was great, I was just curious as to what age they were and of course, the shop owner has no clue.

Interesting, I was wondering this myself some time ago. I had ordered a box from CI last year and searched high and low for this little piece of paper inside that I had read about but to no avail. There was a sticker on the box that said opened for inspection so I wonder if it had been removed inadvertently during the process. Anyway, hopefully the next box I purchase will have it inside.

Interesting, I was wondering this myself some time ago. I had ordered a box from CI last year and searched high and low for this little piece of paper inside that I had read about but to no avail. There was a sticker on the box that said opened for inspection so I wonder if it had been removed inadvertently during the process. Anyway, hopefully the next box I purchase will have it inside.

I don't think Padron sells to CI. If that's the case, then they would have intentionally removed the tag so that the box cannot be traced back to those who sold them to CI.

I've got 2 boxes of 3000 maduro and both of them have the little paper with roller and date of production in them.

Rene

If you look on CI, you will see box Padrons no longer available (gal told me they made the chit list because of over discounting the msrp. Now they only sell 5ers. Under good conditions, that piece of paper has always been in a box I have bought.

I don't think Padron sells to CI. If that's the case, then they would have intentionally removed the tag so that the box cannot be traced back to those who sold them to CI.

I believe it's JR that the Padrons don't sell to. Lew Rothman and the Padrons had a big row over a cigar that Orlando's brother had blended and named inappropriately. They've been pissed at each other for a long time over it and Lew snipes at them regularly in his catalogs.

Doc.

I believe it's JR that the Padrons don't sell to. Lew Rothman and the Padrons had a big row over a cigar that Orlando's brother had blended and named inappropriately. They've been pissed at each other for a long time over it and Lew snipes at them regularly in his catalogs.

Doc.

Doc, you need to blog with stories like this. From the shit you've witnessed over the last 40yrs in this hobby, you've got to have a ton of material.

There are quite a few retailers the Padrons don't sell to. Some of those retailers STILL manage to get some Padrons, via Padron accounts that are wholesaling to them. Once they're found, they're promptly cut off.

It's true that CI hasn't had Padron cigars in stock for months, but my story is better.;) Someday I'll tell you the story of how many bottles of wine it took for the Padrons to give my local retailer an account.:whistling:

Doc.

It's true that CI hasn't had Padron cigars in stock for months, but my story is better.;) Someday I'll tell you the story of how many bottles of wine it took for the Padrons to give my local retailer an account.:whistling:

Doc.

Yes....your story IS better.

Doc.

I was wondering why their box supply had been lacking. I haven't actually bought from them in a while anyway; better to use the retailers here.

And I definitely think that we would all love to hear that story! :laugh:

Hey Gents,
Just curious if there is a easy way to tell when a box of Padron x000 where made?
Step #1 - Go to your retailer
Step #2 - Buy the entire box
Step #3 - Ship the box to me
Step #4 - I will smoke them all
Step #5 - I will tell you what year they were rolled (I am an expert)

Mystery solved!

Hey Ketch, I actually thought about that and was getting ready to do it but when I was looking up your address, I once again got distracted by you avatar and forgot what I was doing.
Sorry man. :love: :p

They are a box of 26.

It really doesnt matter what year they are I guess, I was more or less just curious. Bottom line is that they taste damn good and I will be taking them all off the shelf next time Im there.

I read somewhere that all their tobacco is aged before its rolled so that their cigars will be ready to smoke right out of the box... I, personally have never had a bad one.