• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926 No. 1 (natural)

puffnstuff

altruistic pervert
Padron Serie 1926 No. 1 (natural) - 6.75” x 54 - $20 (msrp)

It’s weird, but as much as I LOVE the 1926 line, this is the first one I've tried in a natural wrapper. Come to think of it, it’s the first Padron of any type that I’ve had in a natural wrapper. I guess I’m a hopeless creature of habit.
This lovely No. 1 made itself available to me in a recent pass, and I couldn’t resist it.

Visually, it was flawless. Actually, as I was lighting it up I was wishing that I had taken a couple photos of it…just so immaculate. The color of the natural wrapper made it easier than a maduro to see the beauty and perfection of the leaves that sheathed this piece of rolled-glory.

I was pretty surprised with how similar the pre-light aroma was to its maduro brethren. It did seem slightly less robust and sweet smelling than the maduros, but then I’m used to pulling my maduros straight out of their boxes, so I’m not sure if storage differences contributed to any difference in aroma.

After clipping the cap, I proceeded to check out the pre-light flavor and was instantly amazed at how perfect the draw was for my liking. It didn’t require much effort to get a mouthful of 1926-flavored air, but wasn’t so loose that I’d have to be concerned about it getting too hot. Pre-light flavor was so similar to what I’m used to from the maduros, that I’d be exaggerating if I said that I could taste anything significantly different.

I guess I imagined there being more of a difference in post-light flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was just slightly less rich and sweet tasting than the maduros, which didn’t necessarily make it as inferior as I would’ve thought, just slightly different.

It burned absolutely perfectly all the way to the nub, providing a hell-of-a-lot of tasty smoke with each draw. The ash was the typical snowy-white and sturdy. And, as can almost always be expected with the 1926’s, the flavor never went downhill.

I now know that I wouldn’t hesitate to add a box of the naturals to my stash.
They’re just slightly different enough to look forward to for their uniqueness, and yet still embody what I love so much about this line.

(I must add that now that the weather is warming up a bit again, an ice-cold bottle of frothy, creamy Henry Weinhard’s Gourmet Root Beer is, by far, my beverage of choice to accompany the 1926 and 1964 lines. :love:)

puffnstuff said:
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was just slightly less rich and sweet tasting than the maduros

I used to be a maduro only guy for awhile and now I find I prefer the Padron Naturals. I just absolutely L-O-V-E the no.9 natural.

Nice review, thanks. I am a big fan of the 26s as well. I had only been smoking the maduros until recently when I have really become hooked on the #6 natural. I think you are spot on with the difference in taste you noticed between the maduro and natural 26s; it is subtle, less rich and sweet as you point out and perhaps a bit more nutty and toasty. I will have to try the #s 1 and 9 based on what was said here.

Had a PAN 64 torpedo the other day and it killed me. I could only imagine a PAN 26 #1. Nice review.

yep, the naturals are great as well. Really, Padrón makes *ridiculously* good and consistent cigars.

oK...i KNOW THAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS MY OPPINION, BUT i'M GONNA GIVE IT ANYWAY.... pADRON 64 AND 26...MADURO OR NATURAL....DOESN'T MATTER...BEST SMOKES AROUND. PERIOD.

opusxfiles said:
oK...i KNOW THAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS MY OPPINION, BUT i'M GONNA GIVE IT ANYWAY.... pADRON 64 AND 26...MADURO OR NATURAL....DOESN'T MATTER...BEST SMOKES AROUND. PERIOD.
[snapback]181335[/snapback]​

No need to yell. ;) And yes, both of these lines are fantastic. My favorite is the '64 Exclusivo (Maduro). Perfect size, perfect draw, perfect everything. A box of these will be my next purchase. :thumbs:

opusxfiles said:

Hell yes brudda rob, keep on PREACHING!

mrjinglesusa said:
opusxfiles said:

No need to yell. ;) And yes, both of these lines are fantastic. My favorite is the '64 Exclusivo (Maduro). Perfect size, perfect draw, perfect everything. A box of these will be my next purchase. :thumbs:
[snapback]181349[/snapback]​

NO NEED TO YELL?!?!?!?!?!?! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING??? I MUST YELL! I MUST SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!!! I CAN'T KEEP IT INSIDE ANY LONGER......I LOVE YOU PADRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!?!?!?! :laugh:

I was able to get a box of 64 naturals and I agree that there is very little difference (at least to my pallet) between mads and nats. I have never been dissapointed in any of the 64 or 26's that I have smoked.

Back