• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Just picked up a 1926 no.9 and I honestly can't tell if it is Maduro or Natural. It is a lot lighter than the Maduros in my humi but definitely darker than my naturals. Its somewhere in the middle. It doesn't quite have the sheen as my other maduros. Pretty sure it was supposed to be Maduro but it just doesn't look right.

Has anybody else noticed this too?

ricmac25 said:
Just picked up a 1926 no.9 and I honestly can't tell if it is Maduro or Natural. It is a lot lighter than the Maduros in my humi but definitely darker than my naturals. Its somewhere in the middle. It doesn't quite have the sheen as my other maduros. Pretty sure it was supposed to be Maduro but it just doesn't look right.
I have a bunch of No.9's that are black as night -- my local store has a box of 1926 No.9's that aren't nearly as dark. I almost thought they were the natties before I sniffed 'em.

So yes, it appears that at least some recent shipments of the 1926's are not as dark.

So just to be clear - your local shop has Opus, 1926 maduros and Anejos?

And I thought Rochester sucked. :lookup: ;)

other1 said:
So just to be clear - your local shop has Opus, 1926 maduros and Anejos?

And I thought Rochester sucked. :lookup: ;)
Yeah, and they have a huge selection of VSGs, a bunch of Padrón 1964's, and just about everything else. I gotta give the guy credit, things are kept pretty well stocked, except for the Opus, which sell out pretty much as soon as the boxes arrive (they go to club members first).

Well of course the guy is well stocked :D With a customer like Moki who wouldnt stock all they could get... :sign:

I noticed the most recent 26's were rather light too compared some some of my older ones which are like Monkeys, black as night

ads

ads47 said:
Well of course the guy is well stocked :D With a customer like Moki who wouldnt stock all they could get...
Actually, I don't buy all that much from the local shop -- enough to make the minimums, but not too much more.

I resent you calling me a monkey. ;)

Total tangent... How hard do you think it would be for 'CP Inc.' to become a Fuente and Padron dealer? Anyone ever thought about such and angle?

Now would it be calling you or your cat Monkey?

I am the same I dont buy too much locally, just enough to make them happy and get the occasional free smoke.

ads

I've had similar experience Ricardo. The 1926 gift box I bought last Chirstmas had medium to dark wrappers. I've seen lighter ones and darker ones in passes and I'm pretty sure they were all maduros so it looks like they vary a bit. In my experience they all taste pretty much the same which is FANTASTIC!! I prefer the 26's over the 64's which freakin' figures since the 26's cost more and are harder to get :(

If anyone wants to split a box of 1926 #1's please let me know.........

coventrycat86 said:
If anyone wants to split a box of 1926 #1's please let me know........
hey coventrycat86,
do you know of a place that's got the 1926's in stock? #1's? mads?
if so, is the shop online? :)

No but if someone wants to take the time to look around, I'd be willing to bet you can find a box.

I posted this because if someone wants to do the leg work to track down a box BUT doesn't want to shell out the $500.00+ it will cost for that box, I'd be willing to cough up half the price.

I just don't have the inclination/motivation to track a box down myself.

puffnstuff said:
do you know of a place that's got the 1926's in stock? #1's? mads?
if so, is the shop online? :)
I know of places that sell them online, but they mark them up.

CC86,
I know what you mean about "leg work", because it seems that many shops list them, and don't actually have them in stock. which means that one must to either e-mail or call to confirm avaliability.
...this is why I appreciate shops whose web-sites are kept up to date with "in stock / out of stock", or even letting you know how many they've currently got in stock.

moki,
do you have links to the sites which have them in stock, even if marked up?

thanks.

If you've got the time to do google searches and make a bunch of phone calls and send emails you might be able to find them for a reasonable price. This is how I got my hands on some DC Maximus Churchill #2's. Then I tried to find some 1926 #1's and had no luck. I did find some #6 or #9's but no #1's. My attention span wasn't long enough :p and I gave up.

As I mentioned before, if someone has the inclination to do some digging, they might get lucky, I just have too many other things on my plate right now to go tracking down cigars :( as it is I spend too much time here when I should be getting work done around the house, fixing the car or mowing the lawn :D

And getting those shoes resized. :p ;)

I have a local shop that might have 1926's. They are usually pretty well stocked but have mostly natural '26s. I'm gonna try and check this weekend.

$580 a box here, I was told they had them at the beginning of the month but didn't check it myself.

AVB said:
$580 a box here, I was told they had them at the beginning of the month but didn't check it myself.
ah, "maximar". that's just a short drive up the coast from where I live.
unfortunately, since I'm a CA resident, I'd get bent over for the state taxes, and I'd have to pay an extra $100 per box. ???

yikes.

I'm heading down to my local shop tomorrow, I'll see what I can find for you CC. That place is a like a well kept secret, and they sell everything but Opus by the box. I'll let you know tomorrow.