• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron x000 Natty/Maddy?

Ymmit07

Ok just a little background. All of the padron's I have had the pleasure of enjoying have been maduros. What I am wondering is there a significant differance between them? Not taste, but more constructiion? I pulled out my 2000 natural from newb sampler for my evening smoke. It could have totally just been just this stick and l also never experienced a stale stick. It seemed dry. It had a small crack on the cap which wasn't a problem. When I punched it, it actually left a deeper impression than it would/has on any other cigar. It seemed as though some filler came out with the wrapper. Now the taste that's what made put the stick down and get a different one. It was extremely harsh to the point that it was uncomfortable to smoke. The draw was super loose also which from my experiences, although with maduro's only has been a medium draw. Is the draw that much different between the two?

Tim

Could have been a bad stick. It happens. Rare from Padron though.
You are also saying some things which lead me to wonder if the stick was too moist. Too moist, and it will basically be likesmoking steam; hot and bitter
Pieces of tobacco, who knows. Relax, and just chalk it up to experience. I love both the natty and the maddy.

Never had that problem except with the Delicias. Otherwise I've never had a bad Padron.

Could have been a bad stick. It happens. Rare from Padron though.
You are also saying some things which lead me to wonder if the stick was too moist. Too moist, and it will basically be likesmoking steam; hot and bitter
Pieces of tobacco, who knows. Relax, and just chalk it up to experience. I love both the natty and the maddy.

Not sure it's over moist. The heartfelts have been keeping humidity pretty steady which is what leads me to believe its a bad stick. It seemed really brittle which is the reason I asked about the differences.

Sounds to me like it might have been too dry, actually. A loose draw and hot burn are signs of a dry cigar. A brittle cigar is almost certainly an overly dry cigar too.

IMHO it sounds like the stick was too dry, espescially from how you describe the cigar/wrapper. The draw already tends to be loose on Padron's and a dry cigar would just make it even worse. Dry cigars also tend to burn faster and taste harsher. None of these factors go into the natural vs. madruo comparison. I'm a Padron maduro fan as well. For me the big difference is that the natural wrappers tend to be a bit spicier, while the maduro tend to be sweeter, and richer IMHO. Don't get me wrong...i think both are great smokes, I just lean towards maduro.