• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

padrons

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This time last year I bought a box of padron 2000 maduros and pretty much forgot about them. I have been smoking mainly Pete Johnsons stuff and hadn't had a padron in some time, until last month. I cracked it open and over the last month have smoked most of them. These are a fantastic smoke, they have improved dramatically with age and I am enjoying them tremendously. I had forgotten what padrons were like and these guys have rekindled my love affare with them. Just felt like sharing.

I have a box from March of 08 that I have been smoking on myself. I need to buy a couple more box's and lose them in my cabinet. They are great with a little age on them.

I can't speak for the Maduros but naturals are the same. I have two boxes from Dec 08 and Feb 09 and they are fantastic. I find fresh 2000s to be very sharp tasting but one year and wow.

That was one of the first of the many lessons and ideas I took from CP. The Padron x000's series really is an great smoke with 9-12 months of age on them.

I have found and I know others have as well that their getting better with age is not just specific to the 2000 series.

Happy smoking!

Any brown label Padron ages well. The executives are the best fresh and aged IMHO.

I purchased 2 fistfuls of various sizes in 08 that had various age on them dating back from 07. I recently pulled em out of the vino and could not keep my hands off them.

They are all gone now :(

I'm going to get more for sure

The first real cigar I smoked was a Padron 2000 or a 3000 were the cello was the only way I could guess how old it was. It was amazing.

These, to me, are by far the best affordable smokes that are great with age. It's one of those you can buy a couple of boxes, smoke out of one, forget about the others, and when you do get to them, you're glad you let them rest.

These and the Pepin "Blue Label" sticks are staples in my cabinet.

I have a box of 2K's that has a couple of years on it that's about to get tapped. I usually always put a box down when I get into the one I'm smoking out of....they are really good smokes for the price.....:thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I wish I can get my hands on a few 2000 maddy and nat ones with at least a year on them. I am trying to find a cheap smoke between $2-$4 when you by a box and everyone seems to think these are it. I tried Pepin's Tobaco Baez SF the other day and it was smooth but no flavor. $3 at my local B&m.. I bought Delicias maddy and Londres nat to try, they were out of 2000s..

Three or four years is a great point to smoke these cigars. For my personal taste, they seem to start getting a little too mild after that. The flavors are still good, but the kick begins deminishing from there.

That was one of the first of the many lessons and ideas I took from CP. The Padron x000's series really is an great smoke with 9-12 months of age on them.

I have found and I know others have as well that their getting better with age is not just specific to the 2000 series.

Happy smoking!

x 2. I've almost finished a box of 5000s from '08 that are incredible right now. Good thing I've got a box from '09 resting and ready to replace it!

I pulled out another of the 5000 that Alan and I split a couple years ago (I believe it was a cpl yrs ago). Smoking fantastic!

I love me some padrons! In my opinion, its hard to beat them for the price. I've always been telling myself to get a box and tuck some away for quite some time.

Never had an aged one. Now that I have a bigger humi, it shouldn't be a problem to tuck some in a back corner somewhere and 'forget' about them for a while. :thumbs:

I think I'll be picking up a few at the B&M next time I go. Some one, put 3 or 4 away. Look, now you got me all excited!

Padron are great cigars. I got a box of the 80th maduro and the 45th natural. Both incredible, but my favorite is the 1964 Diplomatico. That's one fo the first cigars I will grab if I have the time.

I just found a couple of 5000 maduros from 2002 that were hiding, I plan on smoking one soon. I know I liked them when I bought them way back then in Miami......

Picked up a couple Londres and tucked them away in a deep dark corner of the Humi....check back in a year or so!

I always keep a handful of 2000's in my humidor. Not much aging to them (4 or 5 months) but I've never been dissatisfied.

A great "go to" smoke that doesn't take up a lot of time.