• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paging Bill...

Jared Nomack

Vintage Human
Or anyone else for that matter....

So, my teenage daughter just got back from Turks & Caicos tonight, her best girlfriend's family has a "house" there (more like a mansion, jeez). She brought this back for me as a gift. Whaddaya reckon are the odds it's real?

20210403_215738.jpg

Last edited:
Or anyone else for that matter....

So, my teenage daughter just got back from Turks & Caicos tonight, her best girlfriend's family has a "house" there (more like a mansion, jeez). She brought this back for me as a gift. Whadda reckon are the odds it's real?

View attachment 40924
Depends where she purchased it. Not many legit places on that island that sell real CC’s.

The tube in the band's look pretty good. Does it have the Triple cap? Does it smell heavenly?

Can you get a better shot of the cap and of the bands? Do the bands feel embossed, or just "printed"?

Grabbed my mag46 from the humi. mine has a distinct triple cap. Hard to tell on the one pictured.

Grabbed my mag46 from the humi. mine has a distinct triple cap. Hard to tell on the one pictured.

First thing I noticed, too. Mark, can you turn it around and get a shot of the "back side" of the cigar? Could just be me, but it looks like the red Upmann area is a wee bit off center, too.

You can lightly tap the foot on the counter. If you see a bunch of little leaves or any foreign material, it may indicate floor sweepings or short filler. I would think that would be a dead giveaway. Not saying all fakes are floor sweepings or short filler, but it may not hurt 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, guys. Here's a couple more pics. Tapping it on the table, I didn't get anything.

20210404_114735 (2).jpg20210404_114702 (2).jpg

Ok, definitely a triple cap on there, though it might be the ugliest triple cap I've seen (CCs are known to have spotty qc, though). It's kind of hiding there in the front! I'll defer to Bill on this one.

It looks pretty good but its hard to say. Don't think i have a MAG 50 here to compare with. Smoke it and say thank you. If it tastes horrible, don't finish it. Some of better fakes are farm rolls, may be very smokable even if not authentic. Problem solved....

It looks pretty good but its hard to say. Don't think i have a MAG 50 here to compare with. Smoke it and say thank you. If it tastes horrible, don't finish it. Some of better fakes are farm rolls, may be very smokable even if not authentic. Problem solved....

Definitely the plan. I thanked her profusely, she's such a great kid and was so proud of herself that she managed to "sneak" it back into the country for me. I will tell her it was the best cigar I ever smoked, regardless.

I've just never smoked a Cuban before so I kinda want to know, if possible, when I smoke it, if that's what I'm smoking. Very much appreciate all the replies, thank you!

Mark

I've had friends traveling abroad who offer to bring me smokes. I thank them profusely but politely explain how hard it is to buy genuine smokes abroad, unless it comes from a real Casa del Habano outlet, or other known sources. Hate to see good folks get taken. Nice gesture on her part, to be sure.

Looks legit to me... Although 95 percent of the cuban cigars sold in Turks & Caicos are fake...if you haven’t smoked it yet, please take a pic of the bottom of the cigar so I can see the bunching.

Thanks, Bill. Her friend's family is, shall we say, not poverty stricken, so I suspect they took her to nice places. But then I also suspect they don't know the first thing about cigars.

Here's a pic.

20210404_125930 (2).jpg

" I will tell her it was the best cigar I ever smoked, regardless."

That is the appropriate response.

I'm glad to see Bill thought it was legit, I was thinking it looked really good to me.

I'm sure some love them, but Upmans are not a favorite of mine.

I also seem to recall that Pres Kennedy favored them.