• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pairing Cigars to Rum

My mom was in Coral Gables visiting my sister these past few days and as a baby sitting fee for the little one, I'm getting my first bottle (actually two) or Ron Zacapa 23yr! I'm pissing my pants in anticipation, it's been a long time in waiting. Stupid internet shipping liquor laws and stupid, stupid Michigian Board of Liquor.

Okay, so how does a guy in Delaware get a hold of some Ron Zacapa 23 YR? Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to order online? I believe HiTime in Calif doesn't ship out of state anymore. In Chicago, I believe there is a company called, Binny's?

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Looks like Binny's is one place for a Delawarean. Any other suggestions, my r(h)um drinking BOTL's? Sorry to thread jack.

By the way, I do not really have any particular pairings of cigars to rums. Maybe my palate isn't sophisticated enough, but I enjoy most any medium/full bodied habana with any rum or single malt. I would assume some cigars go better with certain rums/single malts, but my theory is, if it is a good cigar and a good beverage, well, I'm batting a thousand! JMO.

Okay, so how does a guy in Delaware get a hold of some Ron Zacapa 23 YR? Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to order online? I believe HiTime in Calif doesn't ship out of state anymore. In Chicago, I believe there is a company called, Binny's?

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Looks like Binny's is one place for a Delawarean. Any other suggestions, my r(h)um drinking BOTL's? Sorry to thread jack.

By the way, I do not really have any particular pairings of cigars to rums. Maybe my palate isn't sophisticated enough, but I enjoy most any medium/full bodied habana with any rum or single malt. I would assume some cigars go better with certain rums/single malts, but my theory is, if it is a good cigar and a good beverage, well, I'm batting a thousand! JMO.

Ron Zacapa 23 is pretty much available at most of your local package stores/abc stores/liquor stores. If not, you can try:

Linky 1

or,

Linky 2 (but way overpriced IMHO)

AVB is the guru, but it seems like Binny's has consistently good pricing, $32 for RZ23 (Binny's price) is as good as i've seen

Gator's right, Ray (AVB) has some wonderful sources that I'm sure he'd point you to. But Binny's is a good, reliable source, at a great price. Mission (my first link above) is one I've had good luck with in the past, and they have the Zacapa 23y for $29. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Mission is the lowest price I can find but Binny's shipping may be cheaper to make up the difference. As with almost all liquor orders you want to order at least 2 bottles to cut the cost per bottle down.