• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pairing Cigars with Non Alcoholic Drinks

Mmm, sweet tea. That will be my next try
I will give a vote to sweet, but not too sweet, tea. I’ve never liked coffee - long story - so tea was kind of my go-to. There’s nothing at all wrong with Lipton or Luzianne but, if you’re really trying for a good pairing with tea, I’d suggest stepping up to an Earl Gray or another premium black tea variety.

I will give a vote to sweet, but not too sweet, tea. I’ve never liked coffee - long story - so tea was kind of my go-to. There’s nothing at all wrong with Lipton or Luzianne but, if you’re really trying for a good pairing with tea, I’d suggest stepping up to an Earl Gray or another premium black tea variety.
I'm sure the added spices may make it difficult to detect nuances but, I really like the Bigalow constant comment.

AM coffee and a cigar are one of the luxuries of being able to work from home. If I'm smoking something I really want to taste, it's a glass of cold water. Though, the mention of Ginger Ale has me curious....may give it a try. Still drinking water with the 'good stuff'....

As for the original question . . . damn, come to think of it I don't think that comes up much. 😂

I've had coffee and a few "coffee drinks" (latte, etc) with cigars & sweet tea. With sweet tea I like to put a little peach or pomegranate juice in it if I'm going to be having a cigar.

But mostly I just get the bourbon off the shelf when it's stogie time.

~Boar

How much sugar is there in Bourbon?
After distillation ethyl alcohol contains no sugar, small trace amounts are pulled from the barrel but not enough for the FDA to require it on a nutrition label.

Short answer none.

A blurb if you care to read from a reputable distillery.

After distillation ethyl alcohol contains no sugar, small trace amounts are pulled from the barrel but not enough for the FDA to require it on a nutrition label.

Short answer none.

A blurb if you care to read from a reputable distillery.

I've always been told the body converts alcohol to sugar in the bloodstream, which is why diabetics are supposed to avoid it.

The South Beach Diet says Scotch is the lowest carb alcohol.

~Boar

So.. I've been thinking about trying the South Beach diet recently and...

I like it. I don't follow it strictly anymore, but I'm definitely oriented toward fish and veggies, low or no carbs now. The recipes are good and I lose weight on it.

~Boar

Nice. I was being a goof initially about the scotch.. but I do know SBD is now one of the most studied diets ever, with weight loss, improved BP, better regulated blood sugar less prone to metabolic spikes, and, helps our body better manage inflammation.

But, what really makes the SBD shine above most, and you're proof positive, people actually stick with it. It's not considered a diet to its adherents in the traditional use of the word.

But rather a lifestyle that works for many millions. I'm glad you like it and it's working for you.

How long would you say you've been doing it?

I'd say I've been eating SBD at least 50% of intake for well over a decade now, Dan.

Incidentally, starting the diet is what started me on Scotch in the first place---up until then I was mostly a beer & wine drinker, with JWB on holidays and special occasions.

~Boar