• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pairings. What takes precedent in your decision.

What comes first? Drink or Cigar?

• I pick a cigar then pair a drink.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I pour a drink then pair a cigar.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always choose my cigar first, then decide what I want to drink. But I don't choose my drink based on NC/CC. It's usually just bourbon either way.

I've found when I reach for a CC, I'd much rather have rum.

I do notice, the rum has screwed up my perception of bourbon. After a few bourbons, my taste buds are readjusting.

I'm a Virgil's fan. But will try to find sone Sprechers.

Sprecher's is brewed at the Milwaukee location and they also brew beer as well. If you like Cream Soda, holy shit it's good as well.

I find that pretty much anything I usually drink goes just fine with pretty much anything I usually smoke. Every once in awhile I'll accidentally stumble across a truly great pairing, but I reckon I'm mostly with Honey Badger on this one.

~Boar

Pretty much smoke what I want and don't give two shits about what I drink with it. That being said it's normally water, coffee, tea or a Coke.

About the only constant is that I will have a drink with my cigar. I almost never don't. My goto is something malty. My two favorites are a scotch ale or a scotch. :)

ETA: If the scotch ale has been aged in scotch barrels, OMG!

Totally understand and didn't mean to single you out on the sweetener.

My sis and her husband drink diet drinks for some unknown reason. I just can't get past the aftertaste.
No problem, it is definitely an acquired taste :)

Oh, I feel a Root Beer thread in the making.
Dang, I love Root Beer, and basically the only soda I'll drink. Virgil's, Natural Brew, and Blue Sky are my favorites, so far.
Not sure about the Virgil's, but the other two use real sugar and good ingredients.
I wonder how long it stays "good" in storage. I'm pretty sure I have some 5 yr old Virgil's buried in my obnoxious pantry.

Dang, I love Root Beer, and basically the only soda I'll drink. Virgil's, Natural Brew, and Blue Sky are my favorites, so far.
Not sure about the Virgil's, but the other two use real sugar and good ingredients.
I wonder how long it stays "good" in storage. I'm pretty sure I have some 5 yr old Virgil's buried in my obnoxious pantry.

Virgil's uses real sugar and and all natural ingredients.

Never anything acidic. No wine. No clear booze. And if I want to really evaluate a cigar, water. If I want to evaluate a drink...no cigar.

Doc

I am intrigued with cigar pairing with both drink and food/snack. I like coffee and water but often if I stray from that it's ginger ale. I also like some dark chocolate and/or nuts to snack on.