• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio Cutters at Cigarmony.com!

N2Advnture

Palios are back in production and Cigarmony.com is THE FIRST authorized vendor!

ALWAYS IN STOCK!!!

Happy smoking my friends,
~Mark
Cigarmony.com

Wohoo, I have been searching for one of these quite some time. Thanks...

What's the story with these? I remember hearing something back when I entered cigar world. Is the price worth the plastic?

mhortsch said:
What's the story with these? I remember hearing something back when I entered cigar world. Is the price worth the plastic?
[snapback]259638[/snapback]​

mhortsch,

I have had one for quite some time and it is a fine cutter. I am very glad to see them back so I don't have to worry about losing mine anymore. It is very sharp and easy to control. Well worth the $40 or so it costs.

mhortsch said:

They used to be a German company that was bought by another, more entrepreneurial group.

Production has been moved from Germany to Asia. The quality, as of a while ago, still didn't measure up to the original ones.

HerfinBigDog knows a lot about Palios.

Wurm said:
Mark I'm interested in the Cigar Caddy you carry, how do you charge the humidifier?
[snapback]259640[/snapback]​

:rolleyes:
"How do I turn on this light switch?"
"How do I put my keys in the ignition?"

coventrycat86 said:
Wurm said:
Mark I'm interested in the Cigar Caddy you carry, how do you charge the humidifier?

[snapback]259671[/snapback]​

Sheesh...

coventrycat86 said:
Wurm said:

"How do I become a forum troll?"

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

And if you know the answer smartass, why don't you share.

Lumberg said:
mhortsch said:

They used to be a German company that was bought by another, more entrepreneurial group.

Production has been moved from Germany to Asia. The quality, as of a while ago, still didn't measure up to the original ones.

[snapback]259663[/snapback]​

Production has been moved to the U.S. And, they will more than measure up to the originals. The new blades are beautiful, and sharp!! The price is well worth it. This is the type of cutter you keep for a long time. The guarantee, while I doubt you'll need it, is another plus.

Wurm said:
coventrycat86 said:
Wurm said:

"How do I become a forum troll?"

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

And if you know the answer smartass, why don't you share.
[snapback]259680[/snapback]​

No need to flame and resort to name calling wrum, you've been warned about this before.

I don't think I'm the only one that thought your question about asking how to recharge a humidification unit was only used as an excuse to make yet another one of your needless posts rather than a genuine inquiry.

If you don't want to be criticized, don't give yourself reasons to be criticized.

Lumberg said:
mhortsch said:

[snapback]259663[/snapback]​

Just to dis-spell any rumors. Palio cigar cutters were never a German company. It started as an american company and remains one today. We think the informational post we made here:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=17532

will answer some questions about our product. If anyone has any further questions we can answer we will do our very best to accomodate them, simply e-mail us.

If I remember correctly, it was Xikar that was German and moved production to Japan, leading to the questionable quality. I know my very old Xikar is still working wonderfully, as is my Zino. That said, I still want a Palio.
Brother of the Leaf---good luck keeping a well respected brand and product on the top of the game!

Something that should be noted:

...In respect to warranty issues, if the Palio cigar cutter is defective or dulled at anytime during ownership by an end consumer from normal usage in the manner the Palio cigar cutter is intended to be used, it can be returned to any retailer who carries the product for a replacement, no questions asked...

Doesn't get much better than that, IMHO!

Lumberg said:

Another example of why some should read more and post less....

Sorry

I just asked because I remember reading a long time ago that people were upset that Palio was not producing their cutters anymore. And I had read someones opinion yesterday that the price wasn't worth it since these were in a plastic casing. The wife wants to buy me a cutter for my bday, so I'm in the market, doing research for the best solution.

mhortsch said:
Sorry

I just asked because I remember reading a long time ago that people were upset that Palio was not producing their cutters anymore. And I had read someones opinion yesterday that the price wasn't worth it since these were in a plastic casing. The wife wants to buy me a cutter for my bday, so I'm in the market, doing research for the best solution.
[snapback]259772[/snapback]​

I don't believe Lee's post was directed at you. There was just some misinformation being bandied about. ;)

mhortsch said:
Sorry
[snapback]259772[/snapback]​

I wouldn't take one person's opinion as gospel. If you search for Palio here and across other forums, you will find a clear majority opinion on it.

I have used them for years and have given away 15-20 in the past 2 years.

My whole reason for starting Cigarmony.com is to have a place where anybody can feel confident in the products listed. All products listed will/have been used for a period of time and are listed becuase of their quality, price, performance and warranty/customer service by the mfg.

For instance, the Solo lighters are an inexpensive lighter but I have used the Trek for 2 years and have been pleased with it. I have had to send it back for service once but they had a quick turn around and I think it may have been the fuel that I was using. Also, it's a LIFETIME warranty even if it's lost or stolen! I have had to send back my $100 lighters and the customer service sucked.

Anyway, you get the idea and I wouldn't list the Palio if I didn't feel it was a quality product (notice there is no Xikar? :whistling: ). Plus, check out that warranty!

Thanks for the support so far, it is GREATLY appreciated!

Sincerely,
~Mark