• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio Cutters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I'm getting a little annoyed at that little bump in the middle of each cigar I cut with my Xikar cutters...I've tried the 'lay it flat' method with moderate success but I want to try something new.

With all the reading I've done here about the Palio cutters, I have a question. Some people talk about the slide mechanism getting caught up sometimes. Is there any difference between the Composite version and the Burl Wood version...in the sliding rails? Is the burl just aesthetically different and mechanically the same as the composite?

Thanks

Is there any difference between the Composite version and the Burl Wood version...in the sliding rails?
No. Keep in mind the "Burl Wood" is still a synthetic plastic of some type....it just "looks" like Burl Wood....I guess to someone..... :laugh:

Is the burl just aesthetically different and mechanically the same as the composite?
Yes.

I have both and they are functionally identical.

Regards - B.B.S.

I'm getting a little annoyed at that little bump in the middle of each cigar I cut with my Xikar cutters...I've tried the 'lay it flat' method with moderate success but I want to try something new.

With all the reading I've done here about the Palio cutters, I have a question. Some people talk about the slide mechanism getting caught up sometimes. Is there any difference between the Composite version and the Burl Wood version...in the sliding rails? Is the burl just aesthetically different and mechanically the same as the composite?

Thanks
I have 2 Burl. There is no difference in the blades as far as I know, it just looks nice.

Brian

Is there any difference between the Composite version and the Burl Wood version...in the sliding rails?
No. Keep in mind the "Burl Wood" is still a synthetic plastic of some type....it just "looks" like Burl Wood....I guess to someone..... :laugh:

Is the burl just aesthetically different and mechanically the same as the composite?
Yes.

I have both and they are functionally identical.

Regards - B.B.S.
Well.....

Thanks
I have 2 Burl. There is no difference in the blades as far as I know, it just looks nice.

Brian
That took all of 4 minutes to answer...from two trusted sources!

I'm placing my order with Rod after typing this....Thanks gentlemen.

I have a black one and it's fantastic. I like the style of the burlwood one, but haven't upgraded because it's sticker, even though I haven't heard of many people having problems with them.

I'm partial to the burl wood, but I'm starting to like the look of the carbon fiber.

The only thing I would think, Gary, and this is based on older experience, so technology might be differant. Years ago, adding colors to plastics, weakened the plastic. So I would get the solid one, thinking it would have more reslience. Of course, It may not be a factor anymore.

I have the black one and it's great. The burlwood and carbon fiber are nice and all but this one does the trick for me.

the differences are cosmetic only - I have a black and a burl that I got for someone else (that then changed their mind). The burl is actually a composite with a fake burlwood coating applied - and like the xi, of course, has the lifetime warrant.

I was hoping mine would of been here already, I placed my order on Tuesday. Then again with the problem I had receiving a package today, who knows.

I love my carbon fiber Palio. So so sexy.
That new Xikar x3 in carbon fiber is looking nice too. :D

I recently got a black one, figuring its the one they have been making for the longest so maybe its the most solid. Its been fantastic.

I just received the composite version today from Cigar Swag (Rod) and EVERYONE is right, it's sweet and gives a great, effortless, straight cut. I've been using Xikars since they came out and this Palio cuts nice and even....definately worth the money.

I will continue to use my Xikars for smaller ring sizes, but I think the Palio will be my 'new favorite' cutter for some time.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out in making this decision.

IP

I too received mine today. I was surprised on how big it is, I think I will be doing the same as ironpeddler. Can't wait to try it. Already bloodied my finger playing with it, so I know it's sharp.

I have 2 black ones which work WONDEFULLY. I've also had 2 carbon fiber ones, but both of them disappeared within a week of me getting them in the mail. So whatever you do, don't get the carbon fiber ones - the little suckers disappear for some reason.

That's the one I just got, well it's already got my DNA on it now, so I'm good.
I have 2 black ones which work WONDEFULLY. I've also had 2 carbon fiber ones, but both of them disappeared within a week of me getting them in the mail. So whatever you do, don't get the carbon fiber ones - the little suckers disappear for some reason.