• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PAM Exclusivo

n8warren

To Bill Brasky
So here is my first try at this, let me know how it goes.

Padron Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro

50 x 5.50

I have had a handfull of PAN's in various sizes, and this is my first experience with a maduro. I received this cigar in my newbie sampler from Gonz, and decided to sacrifice it today, since I had 3 tests today and my spring break has started. I left from my final test to go to my B&M but realzed that it was a perfect spring day outside without a cloud in the sky, so I decided to just go home and enjoy my PAM in my back yard.

Prelight: This cigar looked perfect. The wrapper was nice and oily with few small veins. I clipped the cap with my single blade Colibri, and torched it with my Colibri Boss.

First third: This cigar started harsh, probably due to the fact that it was bright outside and I couldn't see the flame from my lighter and i probably burned the tobacco a little. The first thing I noticed was that my light was uneven. I read in a CA interview with Castro that a good cigar should quickly correct an uneven burn on its own, so I decided to give the PAM a chance. Sure enough within a half of an inch the burn was as even as could be. I am far form an expert on taste, but about an inch in I definately noticed cinnamon on my pallette. The burn stayed even through the first third, and the ash was firm and white.

Second third: This cigar definately spiced up as it got into the second third. The ash held on about half way before falling off and I began noticing a slight coffee taste. Toward the end of the second third I noticed the spice really kicking up.

Final third: The coffee taste held on for a little longer, and toward the end of the cigar the spice became really powerful. The ash fell one more time with about 3/4 of an inch remaining.

Overall impression: This was a wonderful smoke with great flavor. Thanks again Gonz, I will definately have this cigar again.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Edited for spelling.

Good review n8.I have two of these that have been resting in my humi for 6 months.I'm going to have to light one up soon :thumbs:

Nice review.

My best PAM!

Brian

Nicely done. This is the cigar that started my love affair with Padron.

Thanks for the review! One of my favorites!

Thanks for the review. I don't think the guys at Padron know how to make a bad cigar. I keep a couple boxes of 2K's around as my "go to" smoke when I can't make up my mind what else I'd rather smoke. Between the 64's and 26's, believe it or not, I think I like the 64's best. They are just fantastic cigars and hold their own with anything out there, IMHO.

The little 64, the Principe, is among my all time favorite "AM coffee and cigar" combinations. Also fantastic...... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Principe are good, so are the Exclusivos, but the price...ugggh...

I putter along with the M 2/3000s... :thumbs:

Nice review.
I just smoked one of these myself last night!
MMMM cinnamon, I also sensed this on the prelight draw!
The PAMs are great cigars and are worth the price to me.

Good review. I've found the construction to be top notch for '64s. Still unsure of whether I love the taste of 'em yet, but will give a few more a try.