• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Panacea Black Label Perfecto

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
Aloha,

Back for a Panacea follow up. This one won't be incredibly long, as there unfortunately isn't much to write home about. After the great experience with the torpedo, I was sorely disappointed in the perfecto.

IMG_1843.jpg

I've seen nicer construction, if I have to be honest. There were a lot of veins, the wrapper was "up" a little here and there on the overlap, and there was some minor discoloration here and there. I'd have expected a nicer presentation from such an expensive cigar. The pre-light draw was very nice -- quite sweet, tobacco'y, and... young, I'd say, are the impressions that I got from it. I was expecting more of the same as the torpedo, given the pre-light first impression. Straight cut with the Xikar left no flakes or loose pieces. It wasn't as clean a snip as the last time, but that was entirely operator error.

The perfecto foot of this cigar was pretty large in diameter, as opposed to other similar cigars. No problems lighting it, and like its Panacea predecessor it burned pretty evenly. The cigar required no touch ups whatsoever throughout the roughly 90 minutes I smoked it. The initial ash, however, much like the torpedo, was light and this one flaked just a little. The wrapper also split about 1/4" right as the burn reached the bottom of the tip and started towards the crown. It didn't have any negative effects, and after that little bit burned past there were no further issues of the sort.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

The flavor profile was pretty one dimensional on this one. It was mild and sweet, but not as remarkable as the torpedo was. The body was intermittent, too. The flavor ebbed and flowed on it. There were times it reminded me of the KFC where there just wasn't much to it and I wasn't too motivated to stick with it. I did, though, because I was hoping it would suddenly come to life. Sadly, it did not.

It burned pretty even the whole time and never threatened to die out, so it has that going for it. As the torpedo, once it got going, it produced a healthy (or unhealthy?) amount of smoke, and the ash tightened up.

IMG_1847.jpg

I saw it out, though, and I have to say it wasn't an outstanding cigar. Not terrible, but I wouldn't pay for a box of them. I've still got the robusto and the toro to try. I'm hoping for more torpedo, less perfecto out of these. I want to get a box of the torpedos, but I'm not confident in them anymore.

IMG_1849.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know if you have a few more. I'd suggest cutting the foot. I did with the one I had. Not sure if it works really change much though, as if agree that the perfecto is a mild, sweet smoke, with not much up and down, or variance.

I was actually anticipating it picking up a bit more as it burned down past the tip and into the body of the cigar. I may go for another sampler and see if the differences across the vitolas are consistent, or if I just got a good/bad stick.