• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paradigm 262 Cigars - a Review

coopsdeloops

A week ago I was in my local B&M and there was a distributor there talking to the owner. He talked me up for a while to see what my tastes were, and we discussed some lines that he distributed. Nice guy, and I appreciated the info he gave me, about some lines I haven't tried such as J Fuego. On his way out of the place, he turned to me and handed me a sample of a new cigar that he said were going to be distributed in the B&M. Graciously, I accepted the stick and told him I'd write a proper review.

According to this website these cigars have been out since 2010, but I have not seen them, nor heard of them. A quick search on CigarPass yielded no results, so I thought I'd write up a little review here.

The stick had a nice looking wrapper and a faint smell of tobacco. The initial draw was earth and tobacco. Upon lighting it up, the first taste that came was a sweet chocolate. Having been used to a lot of DPG sticks I found it pleasantly surprising.

The first third was dark tobacco with hint of earth and chocolate. Smoke came off it very heavily, and the burn was very even through the entire stick.

The second third was much of the same tobacco flavor, with a bit more chocolate. Toward the end the woody flavor started coming through, and there was a faint cognac flavor, somewhat reminding me of the uniqueness of an Anejo.

The final third remained woody, and had a bit more marshmellow in it. There were some strong resemblances to a Prensado or a Warlock.

The stick went out twice, mainly my own doing because I was busy studying rather than smoking, but having said that it did burn a long time and if I picked it up once every 2-3 minutes, it'd keep going.

The stick was a good stick, but at $8.50 a pop, I think I'd prefer a Prensado or a Warlock. To me, this stick should fall closer to a $5-$7 stick at most. I received a Torpedo shaped one.

It's worth a look and a 5'ver. I'd like to hear others' comments on this stick if they get a chance to try it. Wish I had a couple more to stick in the locker for a couple months or years.

Thanks for the review Coop. I've heard of this brand before as well, but haven't come across any in the B&Ms I frequent. Appreciate the insight though.

Thanks for the review, I have never seen them either but I'll keep my eyes pealed

Received a note from the distributor who gave me the stick. He said it's made in the same factory as the Prensado and uses a lot of the same leaf that Prensado uses, so I guess my comparison is accurate.

Earth and chocolate huh. You took me back to when I was six and dropped my Snickers. Yep, nothing quite like earth and chocolate.