• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 150 Anniv.

Paul S

It's been a while since I've posted here and so I'll quickily re-introduce myself to all of you that I haven't met. I'm Paul (no suprise there) from Washington state and I joined cigar pass several years ago and participated in the very first pass. I'm still involved in cigar smoking and usually either smoke on my own or with friends I've met in my travels.

I have a question that I was hoping that some of you might be able to answer. There used to be another member here (Gil V) that had to quit smoking for health reasons and when he decided to quit he sold or gave away all of his cigars. I ended up with several boxes of stuff from him and know the history on all but a couple of cigars. Gil told me about them when he sent them to me but I can't seem to be able to contact him or to find much information on the Partagas 150 Anniv. cigars I have. They are good sized cigars measuring approx. 7 3/4 x 52 and have a perfecto shaped foot with a belicoso head. Does anyone know what the name of these cigars was or the number of boxes that were produced? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.......

The size was called the "109" (7 1/4X50) They produced 500 humidors with 3 sizes of 50 each back in 1995.

So are you interested in trading or selling any of them? :sneaky:

Mott over at CA rated this cigar at 98 in the current Connisseur's Corner. :0

Welcome back! Those are some serious smokes you have there that will make any of us drool.

What a wonderful buy/gift you have there.

My addy is in my profile
LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte ;)

Are you positive its the Cuban Partagas? Remember there was a domestic Partagas 150.

I just re-read the description and it occurred to me what you may have is a 155, not a 150. All the 150's are parejos. You describe a perfecto. There is a 155 "Salomones I" that better fits your description. What does the band look like?

There are Salamones Partagas 150's. But, i don't remember Gil having any. He did smoke an awful lot of the domestic Partagas 150's.

Thanks for all of the info so far ! They are ISOM's and unfortunatly I've only got a couple of them. The bands have a gold border and in the center of the band there is a picture of the Partagas factory. As I inspect the band a little closer it looks like I might have made a mistake......it says Anniversario 155 fabrica Partagas Habana.

Sorry about the mistake, I guess I really should use my glasses more! I

If I can figure out a way to get a digital pic and post it I will. :D

Thank you Miles,
It is indeed the Salomones ! Is there a website that has more info on these cigars?

Produced in 2000 by the Partagas Factory for the "Partagas 155th Anniversary Celebration Party" in Havana, November 2000.

Packed as part of 155 numbered dark brown, 4 side-hinged drawered humidors named Presidencial ( each containing 155 cigars per humidor ) in the following combination:

25 of "Robustos Extra" ( Parejo shape)
25 of "Dalias" ( Parejo shape)
50 of "Salomones I" ( Perfecto shape)
55 of "109" ( Parejo with a conical head)

Source: MRNs Ill. Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Havana Cigars