• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 150 B

ashauler

None for me, thanks.
Thanks to the very generous offer from a brother on another board, I had the opportunity to smoke this cigar last evening after a fantastic dinner of grilled pork-chops. It was a beautiful day yesterday and I decided this would be the perfect way to finish it off.

The details:
Partagas 150 B
6.5 x 47
Cameroon wrapper
Mexican binder
Mixed Dominican and Mexican filler

The construction of this smoke was flawless. The wrapper had minimal veining and a nice color. Uniformly firm from head to foot with no soft-spots detected. The bunch at the foot was excellent and the cap was well applied.

Pre-light draw was just about perfect for me with just a slight amount of resistance. I could not detect much flavor pre-light except a light spice and sweetness which I expected from the cameroon wrapper.

The light was very easy and the burn remained very straight for the entire duration of the smoke. Initial impressions were of light spice and a subtle sweetness just as in the pre-light draw. Smoke production was OK given the ring guage.

The flavor of this cigar did not change for me during the entire smoke. It was, imho, very subtle both in flavor and body. I would classify this as a mild smoke. Even towards the last third it did not intensify in strength or flavor. I kept waiting for it to develop some depth in the flavor profile, but it just never got there for me.

In all honesty, it seemed to be one dimensional and much milder than I would have expected it to be. While I enjoyed this smoke, I don't think I would make a special effort to obtain more of these. Now, if some just happened to fall in my lap for a good price I would pick them up for a mid-morning smoke, though I don't think it would do well with coffee since the flavor profile is so subtle......the coffee would overwhelm it I think. I chose only bottled water to accompany it, and I think it was the right choice.

Nice Review!

I smoked a nice amount of these when they first came out, and loved them. But, I really can't remember the flavor profile, to compare to your descriptions.

I often see them offered for insane money, and have never taken the bait.

I know a B&M that has a big box on the top shelf of his walk in.
I think that was a cloth wrapped hundred count. I've tried a few 160s, and based on my 50 year old brains memory, it doesnt even come close.

Nice review.

Given the choice, I prefer the 160, particularly the mini robusto

Brian