• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Black Label Magnifico

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
Size: 6" x 54
Made In: Dominican Republic
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: USA Connecticut

Whoever suggested that I try this...thank you!

When I first visited this site, I commented on how much I liked the HdM Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight. Someone then suggested I give the Partagas Black Label a try. I believe that this cigar has a slightly more rich flavor and feel than the HdM Dark Knight.

The construction was nice and tight...not too hard.
Slightly veiny...but well constructed.
This cigar has a large ring gauge.
The wrapper is dark and oily, with a really dark cap.

I snipped the end with my Xikar Multitool...very clean cut!
The draw was very easy...pretty loose, but just right.

The taste was amazingly mild to medium.
The first 2/3 had a nutty and wheaty flavor...really easy to smoke. Not harsh at all. It burned kinda weird around the veiny parts...I needed to correct it a few times. It was a very pleasant, mild smoke...hints of chocolate and mocha.

The last 1/3 turned into a cup of coffee...dark roasted coffee. It was very hard to put down. The loose draw made the the cigar hot, so I had to take smaller puffs. Took me about 40 ~ 50 mins to smoke. Not too long, not too short.

Overall, this cigar was a very pleasant and easy smoke for a noob like me. I paid around $7 for this cigar...purchased from the South Coast Plaza Tinderbox this past weekend. I am very happy that I got to try this cigar :D

I recommend this cigar to anyone who wants to try Maduros that aren't too harsh and isn't into strong cigars.

These were definetly one of my favorites in the beginning. I still love to have one every now and then. I have had 2 boxes sitting in my humidor for well over a year. There is something about these cigars that makes me want to take a bite out of them. I guess they kind of remind me of some of the chew from my younger days. I love the way they smell.

I haven't had a Black Label since the released them, and at the time I wasn't impressed. After reading this, I think I might give them another shot :thumbs:

Wow! You considered this cigar mild to medium? I must not be taking my vitamins. :p

I used to smoke these quite often and still have several aging nicely (they mellow nicely when aged). However, the ones I had were all quite strong. Fact is, it was a topedo (don't remember the name) that actually made me sick :blush: (nicotine). One of only three cigars in a 10 year period to do that.

Nice review, BTW. :thumbs:

Wow! You considered this cigar mild to medium? I must not be taking my vitamins.

I was thinking the same thing mild - to medium!? This is one of my favorite smokes, but you won't catch me smoking one with an empty stomach. Last time I did it made feel a bit queezy, it's one of the few cigars that can do this to me.

I'm with SabresFan and digardawg. These sticks pack a whallop! One of the strongest cigars I've ever smoked. For a few months after I discovered these I was smoking the huge piramides more then any other stick. Great flavor and especially good with a good cup of dark roast.

My local brick and mortar has the robusto size. I've been smoking them fairly regular. Might try a larger size.

Nice review - I really like the coffee notes, so to the list these will be added. Thanks chewbacco :thumbs:

Lkyman

One of my favorites, I'm getting a box for Christmas to age. :thumbs:

I guess I should have added that I had some cheesy pizza right before I smoked the cigar. :D

Also, it was a Robusto size...not too big.
Maybe I have the name wrong..."Magnifico"...it was 5" or so.

Maybe it was luck that I didn't get sick from the nicotine...I usually get sick with Torpedos and with any Anejo, Opus, or VSG.

I'm surprised about the Partagas Black...according to many of you, this wasn't supposed to be a mild/medium smoke :0
All of you are right about the flavor...as atuck said, I kinda wanted to eat it.

Oh, well...maybe it was my mood...stressful day at work.
Nothing that a nice cigar can't cure :p

cigardawg said:
Wow! You considered this cigar mild to medium? I must not be taking my vitamins. :p

I used to smoke these quite often and still have several aging nicely (they mellow nicely when aged). However, the ones I had were all quite strong. Fact is, it was a topedo (don't remember the name) that actually made me sick :blush: (nicotine). One of only three cigars in a 10 year period to do that.

Nice review, BTW. :thumbs:
[snapback]262531[/snapback]​

Yeah dont use one of these to try exhaling through your nose for the first time. :blush:

I like the whole line pretty much. Havent ried the torp yet. I have had some irregular burn issues here and there and I usually pick through them in the store to see if they have any soft spots.

Gotta love the Old Mule plug complection.

Russell

never warmed to these. they have some strength but are far from the strongest smoke out there. try a joya de nicaragua antano if u want a real kick in the pants... lol although these have some strength i think these dont have much flavor. got a couple buddies that love these, though. lol

Party Blacks are on my favs list

so are the Dark Knights

Two of the best readily available maduros in my opinion

i would also suggest the HdM Dark Sumatra

And I'm sure everyone knows of the CAO Brazilias

re: JdN Antanos - these have great flavor, but they knock me flat on my ass everytime, full stomach or not. and i'm not new to cigars, so i'm not sure what it is. shame though, they really do taste great

atuck said:
These were definetly one of my favorites in the beginning. I still love to have one every now and then. I have had 2 boxes sitting in my humidor for well over a year. There is something about these cigars that makes me want to take a bite out of them. I guess they kind of remind me of some of the chew from my younger days. I love the way they smell.
[snapback]262464[/snapback]​

Same thing with me...the first box of cigars I bought were one of these

Had one of these tonight and absolutely loved it! I will definitely be looking to find some more of these. Great smoke! :thumbs:

I've smoked an entire box of the Partagas Black Magnificos. They are definitely a very strong full-bodied cigar. The flavors and tastes that I experineced were coffee and chocolate flavors. I also noticed that this particular cigar was one dimensional in its flavor and taste. It was still a real good cigar. I still have some inside my humidor.