• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Black Label Pirámide

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
After a fun filled day power washing my house, I decided to unwind this evening with a PBL Pirámide that I picked up at the nearby B&M during the Baltimore Herf, and smoked it while watching the Orioles take on the Angels.

All cigar info I gleamed from their website.
  • Size: 6 x 60
  • Wrapper: Medio Tiempo (Connecticut)
  • Filler: Nicaraguan Ligero and Piloto Cubano Ligero Blend
  • Binder: La Vega Especial (Dominican Republic)
  • Smoking Time: O's were down 4 to nothing when I started, and they won the game 6-5, bottom of the 9th when I finished (almost 2 hrs.)

When I pulled it from the cello, it had a dark, rich oily wrapper, and a wonderful nose! Smelled like dark chocolate. It was perfectly constructed, no soft spots or blemishes. After clipping it, I tested the draw, and it was perfect ( I cut a torp 2 nights ago way too high, ended up with a very loose draw, so I was more careful :whistling: ).

The first inch was pretty mellow, with a light taste of leather left on my palate. It had a light grey ash, that was pretty tight for the most part, with a little flaking that was starting. About the midway point, the leather taste was replaced by a coffee / light toast taste, and the flaking got worse. It also had an uneven burn going, that I had to touch up 3 times. On one of the touch ups it caught fire, and I had to blow it out!!!

The last 2-3 inches, it went total strong coffee taste, the kind that's been left in the pot too long. Nothing super harsh or bitter, just really strong coffee flavor. Had a slight tongue tingle at the end, too.

Over all, I expected a more fuller bodied cigar, ended up with what, IMO consider to be a medium smoke. Maybe with some age, it'll be better. I also picked up a PBL Bravo (4 1/2 x 54) while I was there too, so I'll let that one rest 6-8 months, and see if that helps.

I'd rate it an 88, a good stick, but not one that I'd put in my weekly lineup. Like I said, probably be better with age.

• After Snack: Schwan's Chip & Mint Sundae Cone
Now, I don't know if I'm the only one that does this, but I LOVE having ice cream, when smoking at home, after a cigar! I don't usually eat anything during my smoke, but can't wait to have some after.... be it bowl or cone!! :p

Questions and comments on my reviews are always welcomed, cause that's how I learn!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the Black Labels as an everyday, reliable smoke. I really love the strong taste. Ice cream huh? I'll definitely have to try that with my next smoke! Great review! :thumbs:

I enjoy the Partagas Black line, even the Bravos are a nice quick smoke. I too have had problems with the burn on the Torps but no problems with any others in the line.

I had one of these not too long ago and it was really good. This was the first cigar I've ever smoked in which I tasted something other than tobacco. I caught the fabulous coffee flavors throughout and a pretty prevalent cocoa taste in the first inch or so. I drink water with all of smokes the first time I smoke something new, so it was definately the cigar giving off flavors.

Construction was top notch and the burn was perfect, even outside on a breezy day. Mine had sat in the humidor for about 6 months at 65% humidity.

So far this is one of my favorites. It took me forever to smoke the piramide vitola, so I plan on trying some of the smaller sizes in the future.

Black Labels are a pretty decent smoke. Ice cream as a chaser though :whistling:

Guess I'll try it before I knock it :D

Nice review! I had one of these last weekend, it was gifted to me by Mr Peat. (thanks again!)I enjoyed it but the burn was rather frustrating. I had to touch mine up repeadetly. I thought the tastes were pretty good, my palatte isn't very defined so I can't really pick out perticular hints & flavors just yet.

I didn't feel it was as strong and full bodied as I thought it should be either from the company description. I thought that just might be me though. The LFD Single Ligero line packs a better punch I think, and I had smoked a couple of them in the days prior to burning the Piramide. So that may have a made a difference. Overall I liked it but I have had others I would go to instead.