• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PARTAGAS BLACK

Has anyone traded in their Cigar Aficionado freebie token and tried this cigar yet? I've heard and read that this cigar IS extremely potent - too strong for many full-bodied cigar smokers. Just wondering.

STM   :)

Sammy...I have a Partagas Black Label Piramides sitting in my humi' now. I got it in a "cigar of the month" package. By the sounds of it, it may be TOOOO strong for me. I'll give it a bit to get over the mailing and then I'll see. I'll let you know what happens. :D

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

:) Tuesday night I went to my local shop after work to help the owner with his computer. While I was there I tried my first BLACK label. Two words EAT FIRST!!!!!!!! Very potent. I hope with some age they may calm alittle. There was flavors there but it was hard to distinguish what they where due to the strength. I would try another. After that though I was treated to something special by Isam he had in is humi 3 boxes of not yet on the market Ramon Allones cigars. Not much details out about it he said they were sample just for shop owners before thay hit the market. First impressions: Nice oils on the wrapper I beleive it was a conneticut wrapper but it had the shading and texture of a cuban type wrapper like what is used on cuban R&J. The pre light smell was wonderful rich spice with that undescribable tabaco smell of a cuban. They could have been a little to moist but thats a different issue. The smoke was rich and powerful, the burn was ok alittle uneven burn on the wrapper but perfect down the middle. WOW what a flavor I honestly could not tell that I was not smoking a R&J exibition. It was a ring of 48 or 50 and 6" in length. Good to the last puff. Nice strength but it never overpowered the flavor just complemented it. I am hoping to try another this weekend with him. If you here of one of these I suggest you try them! :p :) :cool:

I was gifted a Partagas Black by a friend. I never thought I'd say this, but I finally found a non ISOM Partagas I like. Yeah, it was a full-bodied smoke. But not as bad as most people make it out to be. In fact, as soon as I was done, I went to my favorite smoke shop and picked up five more. At this writing I have one left. Even though it is a strong smoke, it's not one that sacrifices flavor for strength. This cigar comes real close to a perfect blend. In other words, strength with flavor. If you're not into strong cigars, I would advise caution. Or you can just send them to me. I'll be more than happy to dispose of them.

I turned my coupon in for one last week and smoked it while watching the Illini win again today. I found it to be a pretty full bodied smoke. It had some nice flavors, although I did find it a bit harsh and it smoked a bit hot. I may try them again, but I'll get some age on 'em before I light 'em up.

I picked up a few Tuesday and tried 1 last night. After the initial burn-off, I thought it was wonderful. Slow and easy, on-the-strongside but flavorful. This puppy was right down my alley. And the price is certainly right. :D :thumbs: :D

I think I may want to try it, oh wait I am Mikey!

Ohh yeah today went well we founf out that we aren't filing BK. We are going to fight to the finish!
(It sounds valiant, but I just don't know!!!)

I had my first Short story tonight.
Pretty impresive.

I smoked my first Black Label last night, I didn't even know they made a Black Label until I found one in our pass! I thought it was an excellent smoke, definitly full bodied but it also had lots of great flavor and a typical Partagas easy draw. I ordered a box from Lew today! :D

Partagasblacklabelbox.gif
I smoked one of the Partagas Black "Magnificos," Sunday and I didn't find it nearly as over-powering as the first ones that were released. Strength was about medium+. The cigar has a good mixture of flavors. Not my favorite cigar, but not bad either.

Sam

Someone gave me one for an opening night..still have not tried it...that was months ago....I might want to soon....

I was gifted 2 of tem by Misc. I've smoked one, holding the other for later, but I loved it!! I love Partagas anyway. It was not as strong as it's being made out to be. They are potent, but not harsh. I'm keeping my eyes open for a deal on them.

I really enjoy this cigar. Any of the sizes are good. It is quite strong, I thought, but not overpowering. Not the strongest gar I have smoked. Great price point for a good smoke.

YUM

One of my favorites. Just put an order in for another box.

I just smoked one of these tonight in the Classico size. It was a very pretty cigar. Very, very toothy and very silky. The draw was very good and produced great amounts of smoke. The body was medium, but there wasn't much flavor to speak of. I did detect hints of leather towards the middle, but that was about all. All the previous posts seemed to favor this cigar, but i just couldn't taste it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Vic

Give them another chance. very full tasting smoke ;)

definitely give them another chance. i've had 2, the first one on an empty stomach,
got one hell of a buzz.

the second i was more prepared for. they also go great with a strong cup of java!

I like them a lot all the sizes. They have tons of hype about their strength. I didn't get that but the taste was quite a surprise and the lack of maduro mouth after is a big plus. A nice clean finish.

Mpass.

Look for these in my new pass. Just got a box of Bravo's today.

MMmmm, powerful goodness

:D