• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Box -Help

interleukin2

Good Morning! I was wondering if someone could give me some help verifying a box of Partagas Series D#4
I do not have pics up but if you think you need them I will gladly post some. The box looks pretty good, construction wise including the Schmale-Germany Engraved Clasp, seals, all heat stamps etc. The opened box had a layer of cedar stamped with the factory logo, under it a layer of wax paper protecting the bands and under that the parchment "habanos" paper. All cigars looked uniform in color and the bands checked out with authentic reference bands I have collected. The cigars were presented in a 13/12 layer arrangement with a cedar divider with the appropriate Half Moon machine cut on the to right corner and a cedar block on the far left of the bottom row. The underside had all the expected markings, heat stamps etc, with a box code of OEB Nov2006. The smell of the cigars was not unpleasant, they actually smelled like chocolate and cedar, their construction was good, triple cap, no bumps or twigs bunched up were seen upon inspection of the foot. I fired one up and it was good. The reason I am suspicious is because the Heat stamp Partagas logo on the top of the box and on the inside only says "La Flor De Partagas" and " Habana-Cuba" It does not have the " Y co." stamped below "La Flor de Partagas" nor does it say " Hand made" at the bottom of the seal in the inside of the box. I have consulted the Min Ron Nee book and cannot see this type of logo anywhere on the wooden boxes he has pictures of" Now I know that the book was printed a few years ago so if this is a recent format change then it is likely its not there. If these are indeed fake they are the best and most elaborate I have ever seen. I would be hard pressed to believe that a counterfeiter would get the smallest detail right as in the Schmale-Germany Clasp and miss something as obvious as the Partagas Brand Seal. I appreciate any help you guys can provide. If you deem necessary I will provide pics Thanks !

Good Morning! I was wondering if someone could give me some help verifying a box of Partagas Series D#4
I do not have pics up but if you think you need them I will gladly post some. The box looks pretty good, construction wise including the Schmale-Germany Engraved Clasp, seals, all heat stamps etc. The opened box had a layer of cedar stamped with the factory logo, under it a layer of wax paper protecting the bands and under that the parchment "habanos" paper. All cigars looked uniform in color and the bands checked out with authentic reference bands I have collected. The cigars were presented in a 13/12 layer arrangement with a cedar divider with the appropriate Half Moon machine cut on the to right corner and a cedar block on the far left of the bottom row. The underside had all the expected markings, heat stamps etc, with a box code of OEB Nov2006. The smell of the cigars was not unpleasant, they actually smelled like chocolate and cedar, their construction was good, triple cap, no bumps or twigs bunched up were seen upon inspection of the foot. I fired one up and it was good. The reason I am suspicious is because the Heat stamp Partagas logo on the top of the box and on the inside only says "La Flor De Partagas" and " Habana-Cuba" It does not have the " Y co." stamped below "La Flor de Partagas" nor does it say " Hand made" at the bottom of the seal in the inside of the box. I have consulted the Min Ron Nee book and cannot see this type of logo anywhere on the wooden boxes he has pictures of" Now I know that the book was printed a few years ago so if this is a recent format change then it is likely its not there. If these are indeed fake they are the best and most elaborate I have ever seen. I would be hard pressed to believe that a counterfeiter would get the smallest detail right as in the Schmale-Germany Clasp and miss something as obvious as the Partagas Brand Seal. I appreciate any help you guys can provide. If you deem necessary I will provide pics Thanks !

Post pic's please.

1. Do you know and trust your vendor?

2. The irons/stamps on the Partagas box were changed recently. In the last 6 months or so, IIRC.

3. Pictures please.

Wilkey

1. Do you know and trust your vendor?

2. The irons/stamps on the Partagas box were changed recently. In the last 6 months or so, IIRC.

3. Pictures please.

Wilkey

That's the key right there! Please don't post specifically who you got them from, but if it's some random store down in the Caribbean chances are they're fake.

Thank you to those who replied!
Without getting into detail the vendor as far as I know is reputable well respected and widely used

I will be posting pics this evening
Thanks

Thank you to those who replied!
Without getting into detail the vendor as far as I know is reputable well respected and widely used

I will be posting pics this evening
Thanks

If you want, feel free to pm a couple of us with the vendor you bought them from, and we can let you know if you need to worry.