• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Cifuentes Septiembre

emodx

Banned
Wow, what a rich cigar! A generous BOTL included this in a gift pack recently. Here is the JR write up on it:

Partagas Cifuentes is a seasonal, limited availability cigar blended by Daniel Nuñez and Benji Menendez specifically for the fall season. Named in honor of the Cifuentes family, legendary makers of Partagas in Cuba, each draw of these cigar brings a rich, full flavor derived from a special sun-ripened Honduran Medio-Tiempo wrapper and Nicaraguan binder and filler. The quality and craftsmanship are just what you would expect from any Partagas cigar – an excellent smoke.

Here is what I found. It is a dark rosado brown wrapper that is very oily. Medium firm bunch that had a medium firm draw. Not an overy complex cigar, but very rich in straight forward tobacco taste. As I smoked it, the bunch loosened up to a spongey feeling. It tended to want to canoe a little. Perhaps the wrapper is too oily? Towards the middle the nut flavors showed up along with a punchy youthful flavor. The strngth was medium to full.

This cigar is one I believe will age beautifully for a long time to come. Additionally, this cigar is not for a novice or occasional smoker. Smoke it after dinner as it is rich and hearty. It's price point puts it at $4.50 a stick when bought by the box. It gets :thumbs: from me!

Emo

This blend is definitely right on. I like the Octubre (fatter ring gauge). First one was in my Secret Santa package. Has a chocolaty taste to me. Lots of smoke and a whitish ash. Very nice smoke.

Am looking to pick up some more of these.

M. Gipson