• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Party Short

jcpyro

Haven’t been around in awhile (dealing with this and that), but wanted to come back and rejoin the family.

Yesterday was another one of those days where everything got worse by the minute. By midday I was ready for the day to be over with so I could head home and relax and enjoy a good cigar. But luck was not on my side, I left two hours late and lost valuable smoke time. Finally got home and made something quick for dinner expecting to need to hit the sack right afterward and I’ll be dammed; lady luck came around and gave me a half an hour of free time before my nightly routine. So I start digging through the humidor trying to find something that will be satisfying for the next 30 minutes. Opened a box buried in the back and found these little cigars; party shorts from a group buy on here a while back. I don’t remember the box code but we picked them up in Oct of 05. So off to the patio I go.

I gave the cigar a good look over; the construction was good with slightly toothy wrapper. Punched the cigar, nice easy draw, and lit beautifully. The flavor started off a little mellow with some earthiness and very smooth. As I continued enjoying the peacefulness this little baby starts picking up her spiciness, not the full on peppery flavor of a fresh one but enough to excite the taste buds. Getting into the last third of this cigar a nice mocha flavor starts to come through to round out this cigar perfectly. At no point in time did I have any burn issues or did the smoke got to hot. I finally had to put it out when I couldn’t draw on the cigar without my lips touching the cherry.

After putting the nub down to let it die out, I recollected my thoughts and realized if I would have gotten off when I wanted too I probably would not have chosen this cigar to sit down and relax with. But I was happy with the way things turned out. I was able to find out how this cigar does with a little bit of age and more importantly its ability to help let go of all the problems in the day when I am short on time.

The only issue I had as I was heading for the bed, was realizing that its going to be difficult to keep my hands off these smokes with as good as they are tasting right now. :thumbs:

All in all, it turned out to be a good day. :cool:

Specs:
Name: Partagas Party Short
Length: 4 3/8
Ring: 42
Origin: ISOM

edit for typo

I had one of these for an after lunch smoke today and found it to be delicious. Like yours, I had almost no spice. It would pop up every once in a while, but almost so light that it couldn't be considered spice. Mine had a very tight draw which made it burn a little too hot at times. Hopefully my next will be even better!

Thanks for the review, always an enjoyable smoke.

Brian

One of my favorites. I always try to have a cab on hand. Nice review, pyro and nice to see you posting again.

Wilkey

One of my favorites. I always try to have a cab on hand. Nice review, pyro and nice to see you posting again.

Wilkey

Wilkey's new Avatar is AWEsome!
That look is classic.

uh... to keep this on topic.... Yum! This is on my short-list of ISOMs to try. I'm always on the look-out for great <45 minute smokes.

Nice to see back Josh!

Hope you're taking advantage of this awesome weather we're having right now. :D