• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas - Presidente

symyn

I enjoy this shape in a NC varity, and only have had a Cuaba which I did enjoy although it was mild very tastey.

How do the Presidente's compare to other brands in regards to taste, strenght, ect?

Thanks.

Presidentes have the old world Partagas flavor which is pretty spicy. The cigar has nice nose and I would consider it to be medium to strong in the strength department, but they are very one dmensional. I personally stopped buying them because of how inconsistent they are. There are too many other Partagas cigars that are much better.

Anything else beside Cuaba that has the great figurado shape and a great taste?

Perhaps a bit off the subject, but have you tried the Partagas Salomones, TM? Not the banded ones, but the unbanded ones that you seem to find around these days. A helluva lot more expensive than the Presidente though.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Perhaps a bit off the subject, but have you tried the Partagas Salomones, TM? Not the banded ones, but the unbanded ones that you seem to find around these days. A helluva lot more expensive than the Presidente though.

Wilkey
[snapback]299698[/snapback]​
I've heard good things about the Party Salamone, but with that hefty price tag...I'm staying away from it for awhile.

As far as the Presidente goes, I like them but The Master is right about them being one dimensional. They are good but I wouldn't call them great. I am a fan of the shape so I keep some around.

Is there a reason why the factory's stopped makeing the figurado shape or did they even start?

There's always the Partagas Perfecto which is a decent MM though not one of my personal favorites.

Never seen a Partagas perfecto... going to have to do some searching ;)

Ginseng, I have not tried those alleged Part Solomones. I use only one person for my custom rolled Cubans and he does not try and say it is a PArtagas or whatever blend. He knows that no one knows the blends of these custom rolled cigars.

The guys peddling the ones with names are full of shit.