• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D Robusto

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Partagas Serie D
Size: 4.8 x 50 rg Robusto
Wrapper: Cuban
Binder: Cuban
Filler: Cuban
Strength: Full

Tonight was a fantastic night! My little brother flew in yesterday for a three week visit from Washington, so we decided to have a good old fashioned herf to celebrate. I had a couple great friends over and my girlfriend, we fired up the barbeque for some hamburgers, and took a trip to Bev-Mo! to pick up some new beers to try. I decided I would select something special for tonight to enjoy, and decided on a stick that was gifted to me by my friend Greg, a Partagas Serie D Robusto. I've had only a few, perhaps five, habanos so far, and this one looked especially tasty. On inspecting the cigar I found a nicely constructed stick that featured a toothless wrapper with a light covering of oil and a few large veins. The cap was a perfect traditional Cuban triple seam style, and the foot was well bunched. Squeezing it along the length, I didn't find any soft or hard spots, only a slight spring to it that is perfect. I clipped the cap and took the prelight draw, in which I found flavors of sweet tobacco and a slight woodiness that came through a perfect draw. I toasted the foot, took a good deep draw, and immediately tasted that good, sweet tobacco along with cedar, vanilla bean and an earthiness. As the cigar began to progress into the first inch, I also began to detect a nice baked bread flavor, which is one of my favorite tastes in a cigar. Excellent! :D The burn was good, revealing a nice gray ash of different hues and wavy banding. The smoke was not as full as I had hoped, but was very sweet and rich smelling. The strength was definitely full, but not overpowering.

As I smoked the cigar further, I found it to be very consistent with very little to no change in flavors that I could detect, which wasn't a bad thing. I love complex cigars, but this was nice in that I didn't have to concentrate too much on tasting, and could just sit back, relax, and enjoy the moment of smoking a great cigar, drinking some delicious hefeweizen, and having a great time with my friends and brother. The burn started to go a little bit off, and during the course of smoking the cigar I did have to correct a few times as well as relight as it went out on me twice very quickly. All in all, this was a very good cigar, complimenting the great night everyone enjoyed. A special thanks goes out to Greg for giving me the opportunity to try this cigar. Thank you my friend!

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Nice review and good pics :thumbs: , CRQ. The PSD4 is one of my all time favorite ISOMs. That and the PSP2.

Wonderful smokes with good character.

I have only had one PSD4 that was gifted to me by a fine BOTL here and it was outstanding. Excellent review and pictures.

Yep, these are solid smokes and are even great young.

Could you get a bigger dog next time? :laugh:

Great review!! I grabbed one last night and was gonna light it up and ended up going with a VSG. Looks like this might be my luch smoke today

Charles, glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a favorite of mine with good 'ol Partagas flavor. Great review and pics! That's a mighty manly dog ya got there! :laugh: Hey, I can't say anything, mine's a little JR Terrier. I've been calling her piggy lately though. :laugh:

Nice review of the PSD4! It looks delicious! One of my favorites for sure.

Haha! Yeah, that's my girlfriend's little gremlin as I call her. She's a spunky little dog, none of the little dog syndrome which cracks me up. She brought her over to play with my Terrier. Greg, what the heck are you feeding your JR Terrier!? The thing is a little bratwurst!

The cigar was great, I really enjoyed it! I think I would have been able to pick up more flavors had I not smoked something prior to it, but even having had a cigar beforehand I still really liked this smoke. I will most certainly have to get my hands on a few more! :D

Yep, these are solid smokes and are even great young.

Could you get a bigger dog next time? :laugh:

Charles, glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a favorite of mine with good 'ol Partagas flavor. Great review and pics! That's a mighty manly dog ya got there! :laugh: Hey, I can't say anything, mine's a little JR Terrier. I've been calling her piggy lately though. :laugh:

Nice review of one of the world's most popular robustos. :thumbs:

It's a common misconception that Cubans are strong. I think it's assumed because they are taboo. There are some brands that are stronger, though. Ramon Allones and Bolivar