• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie P No. 2

flamchop

65/65
Last night I decided to close out the holiday weekend with something special. This Partagas was, at least I think, a retaliation strike during the Newbie War of 08. I never was able to get a year on this but by the powers of deduction it had to be between 1-3 years old.

Right off the bat I noticed that part of the wrapper had started to come loose. I wasn't about to let that stop me though! This caramel colored Cuban torpedo had good weight to it and had a sweet tobacco smell during the pre-light inspection.

After clipping and toasting I was greeted with some spice and cedar. The draw was a little tight but a couple more clips finally opened it up. The spice mellowed out after about an inch and it was pure cedar and leathery tobacco the whole way down. Most places list this as a very full bodied smoke but I had to put it more at a medium-full. I didn't detect much change in the flavor throughout the length of the smoke but I would say it was a very pleasant flavor with a nice aroma. The slight unravel in the wrapper made no difference, the steady burn plowed right through it without flinching. I had a couple minor touch-ups here and there but nothing major. The ash held strong... a light grayish color.

I ended up nubbing it and felt very satisfied. I would recommend trying this one out if you get the chance but I hear they are on the pricy side. I can't really say I enjoyed it more than a PSD4, but it was a solid smoke nonetheless.

I smoked one of these last Friday. I agree with your assesment that it was more medium-full. I didn't think it packed the same punch as the PSD4. Still a very good stick though.

I have smoked a few that I believe were 2 years old and I enjoyed them. I agree that they aren't as enjoyable as a PSD4 but still a good smoke. I just got a few 3 packs of the new Serie P tubos that look awesome. I an going to wait a while before I smoke one though.

Thanks for the review. :thumbs:
I just order a 3 pack of this cigar,
hope I'll like it as much as you did.

Good review and nice pics!

I Had a box(of 10) from dec06 that took about a year and a half to come around. But when they did.....OMG were they good!!! Needless to say they are gone now. I still have a apr (i think)06 10ct. that hasn't been touched yet. Lets keep our fingers crossed

Last night I decided to close out the holiday weekend with something special. This Partagas was, at least I think, a retaliation strike during the Newbie War of 08. I never was able to get a year on this but by the powers of deduction it had to be between 1-3 years old.

Right off the bat I noticed that part of the wrapper had started to come loose. I wasn't about to let that stop me though! This caramel colored Cuban torpedo had good weight to it and had a sweet tobacco smell during the pre-light inspection.

After clipping and toasting I was greeted with some spice and cedar. The draw was a little tight but a couple more clips finally opened it up. The spice mellowed out after about an inch and it was pure cedar and leathery tobacco the whole way down. Most places list this as a very full bodied smoke but I had to put it more at a medium-full. I didn't detect much change in the flavor throughout the length of the smoke but I would say it was a very pleasant flavor with a nice aroma. The slight unravel in the wrapper made no difference, the steady burn plowed right through it without flinching. I had a couple minor touch-ups here and there but nothing major. The ash held strong... a light grayish color.

I ended up nubbing it and felt very satisfied. I would recommend trying this one out if you get the chance but I hear they are on the pricy side. I can't really say I enjoyed it more than a PSD4, but it was a solid smoke nonetheless.

I have seen them for $8.50 to $10 a stick.....really not all that pricey.

I had a fiver of '05's a while back. I went to do a review on one of them and it was plugged all to hell. I started cutting a half inch off at a time hoping it would open up and ended up cutting it into about a dozen pieces. :laugh: I was totally pissed. I went and grabbed another and it smoked excellent! Great review Mike!

Thanks for the review and comments. I've been dying to know how these compare to the psd4 as that is one of my favorites, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the torp yet.

Great review. I am gonna spark one of these up tonight after practice simply based on your review. Hell, after the Dog Rocket experience I just had today, this stick better be gooooooooooooooooooooooood