• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Short

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
I had won 12 of these in the recent CP Fantasy Football League and was eager to burn one despite the recent box code.

This cigar had a beautiful golden wrapper with very slight tooth. Other than a minor water mark near the foot, the wrapper was in pristine condition. I used to guillotine to clip the head; perfect cut and smooth, easy draw.

My initial impressions of the cigar were not extremely positive; it was very tanic and I began to question my decision. But after the first ½ inch, this little guy began to improve.

Now, I am not great at describing the flavors that I get from cigars, but I can draw comparisons. This cigar reminded me a mini-PSD4. The smoke was smooth, light and airy; the burn was perfect. Initial subtle cocoa flavors increased as the cigar progressed and finally gave way to a sweet, earthy conclusion. It is difficult to pin down the flavors in more detail; most likely because I was smoking outside.

Overall I was happy with the cigar. Once the initial flavors subsided, I found the remainder of the experience very enjoyable. I am looking forward to putting some age on the guys and seeing how they progress.

Patrick

Thanks for the review. I have come to really appreciate these little firecrackers. I find them anything but smooth, light and airy though. Especially when young. They have always struck me as providing a rather dense, almost oily smoke. And strong. Did you get much spice or black pepper?

Agreed on the resting time. Give them a few months at least and they'll come across differently.

Wilkey

I second Ginseng's post. Earthy pepper rolled up into a great lunchtime cigar. In fact I just finished one on lunch (May 05-thanks LB) and it was great. However, I have had a few no older than three months and got the same thing.

Nate

Being a small cigar, you wouldn't put much credance into these ageing well. Last spring I had a handful that had about 18 months on them. Fantastic! Dunno how the recent ones will compare though.

Emo

The box I have coming in ia ABR05.
I'll try one out of the box, then probably try another ever few months. 18 motnhs shoudl be pretty good for these, i think.

Being a small cigar, you wouldn't put much credance into these ageing well. Last spring I had a handful that had about 18 months on them. Fantastic! Dunno how the recent ones will compare though.

Emo

Can't get these to last 18 months, most age I can get on them is about three months :p .

Well, I just finished my very first Short (thanks LB), and all I can say is :love: !! I damn near "roach clipped" this baby!! This was one tasty smoke.

Lots of good smoke, with a light toast flavor during the 1st half, nice and spicy 2nd half, with a peppery finish. Great lip tingle, too.

Another one worth adding to my line up :D